Question SK Hynix and kingston duo

Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys, can i mix this two RAM on my 2013 acer aspire e1 531 laptop? i only have two slots. both 1600Mhz

SK hynix - 4GB 1Rx8 PC3L - 12800s -11 -13- B4

Kingston - 2GB 1Rx8 PC3L - 12800s - 11 - 11 - B3

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'm an advocate of not mixing and matching rams. Think of ram upgrades as you will when buying a pair of shoes after you loose one shoe out of the pair, the salesman won't sell you one shoe, you're going to have to buy a pair. That being said, if you wan tot enable dual channel mode, pick the same(identical) stick of ram in order to get the best out of the platform.

If you lack funds, continue to work with one stick alone since your system will either BSOD on you or your system will be suboptimal.

Jan 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'm an advocate of not mixing and matching rams. Think of ram upgrades as you will when buying a pair of shoes after you loose one shoe out of the pair, the salesman won't sell you one shoe, you're going to have to buy a pair. That being said, if you wan tot enable dual channel mode, pick the same(identical) stick of ram in order to get the best out of the platform.

If you lack funds, continue to work with one stick alone since your system will either BSOD on you or your system will be suboptimal.
Hi thanks! but i cant continue working with only 2GB. And i dont have any other choice now so i need to know if there is any failure chance if i do this setup.

TRENDING THREADS