Skyrim 1.9 Legendary Patch Now Live on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont kile skyrims way of leveling up skills and perks etc. it was best done in Morrowind where you actually had to use a weapon or armour skill to get better at it, and it would just increase the more you used it, which makes sense. So many things about Morrowind i really miss from the newer elder scrolls. Turned from a propper RPG, to a mainstram consolized title. Still not a bad game but legendary patch wont make me want to play it any more.

ashesofempires04

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]i dont kile skyrims way of leveling up skills and perks etc. it was best done in Morrowind where you actually had to use a weapon or armour skill to get better at it, and it would just increase the more you used it, which makes sense. So many things about Morrowind i really miss from the newer elder scrolls. Turned from a propper RPG, to a mainstram consolized title. Still not a bad game but legendary patch wont make me want to play it any more.[/citation]

Have you played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind? Because that's exactly how the games still work. The only things that have changed are weapon skill consolidation (because having a different skill for 1h blunt, slashing, piercing, ad nauseum was just tedious) and perks that you have to spend points on, to force a specialization rather than simply giving them to you after you reached a certain skill level. It makes for a better game, and allows for a lot more granularity in specialization (especially among magic skills that were previously uninspired and lacking).

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]i dont kile skyrims way of leveling up skills and perks etc. it was best done in Morrowind where you actually had to use a weapon or armour skill to get better at it, and it would just increase the more you used it, which makes sense. So many things about Morrowind i really miss from the newer elder scrolls. Turned from a propper RPG, to a mainstram consolized title. Still not a bad game but legendary patch wont make me want to play it any more.[/citation]
It's actually far better and more convenient than it ever was in Morrowind or Oblivion. You still get better at skills by using them, they removed some of the more redundant skills, and you no longer have to level up specific skills to raise your overall level or avoid leveling certain skills at certain times so you could get those level up multipliers higher.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished

Must suck going through life completely clueless.

[citation][nom]ashesofempires04[/nom]Have you played an Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind? Because that's exactly how the games still work. The only things that have changed are weapon skill consolidation (because having a different skill for 1h blunt, slashing, piercing, ad nauseum was just tedious) and perks that you have to spend points on, to force a specialization rather than simply giving them to you after you reached a certain skill level. It makes for a better game, and allows for a lot more granularity in specialization (especially among magic skills that were previously uninspired and lacking).[/citation]
I agree the magic skills were lacking but i dont use magic characters anyway. I actually liked the many different weapon skills rather than just the one handed or two handed available in skyrim, not to mention all the other skills. I really miss my Argonian with spear and medium armour. That is what i liked, you have your opinion, i have mine. It doesnt mean either of us are right or wrong. I completed the main quests in both Morrowind and Oblivion, i have yet to complete Skyrim as i got bored with it. Yes the simplicity of skills etc makes it less of a nice game and better for sales and the average joe, i just dont like it that way.

timw03878

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]I agree the magic skills were lacking but i dont use magic characters anyway. I actually liked the many different weapon skills rather than just the one handed or two handed available in skyrim, not to mention all the other skills. I really miss my Argonian with spear and medium armour. That is what i liked, you have your opinion, i have mine. It doesnt mean either of us are right or wrong. I completed the main quests in both Morrowind and Oblivion, i have yet to complete Skyrim as i got bored with it. Yes the simplicity of skills etc makes it less of a nice game and better for sales and the average joe, i just dont like it that way.[/citation]

I'm totally with you dude.
I think its very simplistic now.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
That must have been the update that happened last night. Was checking how many DLC for it, three paid and one free (high res texture) so far. Waiting for GOTY edition.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
[citation][nom]badli[/nom]I'm creating over $7k a month operating half time. I unbroken hearing others tell Pine Tree State what quantity cash they will build on-line therefore i made a decision to seem into it. Well, it absolutely was all true and has whole modified my life. this is often what I do, Read more: http://hdcash1.com/***http://hdcash1.com ****-------------------------------------------------------------------[/citation]
Why do these SPAM hacks think that Tom's forums is filled with stupid Facebook type users.

NO idea... But there are so many, reporting them is getting me annoyed... Then again I am sure SOME people will fall for it.

theflyingalamo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Question for anyone with the patch...after you continue to gain levels above 81...are you still rewarded with the selection of stats for Health, Magicka, or Stamina?

adriann

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
so, in 2013 on one of the "best" RPG's available, played on PC, when i equip my character with armor, weapons, etc. , i have to click on a text...
20 years ago it was fun, but now it is simply sad...
and pause the game to drink health potions?
is it just me, or someone else fell that they dumb it down to an extremely low level?
but this is in part our fault, because we accept this by buying their crappy products.
we should never accept this again!

I tend to agree. Biggest problem its a direct console port.

Status
Not open for further replies.