Oct 3, 2020
Good Morning or Good Evening,

So in my build, built my self my first one about 6-9 months ago, I have a Zotac Gaming RTX 2070 Super and I really want to add another to increase my gaming performance at higher graphics.
I have a Asus Tuf Gaming x570 Plus (wifi) mother board, it does not support SLI, can I still add another GPU? Will it work? will it even do anything. I do have a AMD Rysen 9 3900X in it and I know its supposed to make the mother board better but I dont know where I should go with the rest of this process.

V/R
PvtJacobClutch

Solution

So in my build, built my self my first one about 6-9 months ago, I have a Zotac Gaming RTX 2070 Super and I really want to add another to increase my gaming performance at higher graphics.
I have a Asus Tuf Gaming x570 Plus (wifi) mother board, it does not support SLI, can I still add another GPU? Will it work? will it even do anything. I do have a AMD Rysen 9 3900X in it and I know its supposed to make the mother board better but I dont know where I should go with the rest of this process.

V/R
PvtJacobClutch

Hi Jacob and welcome to the Forum :)

As far as I know the X570 chipset supports SLI however imho SLI is redundant and not worth the hassle.
Nvidia do not offer a great deal of support...

V/R
PvtJacobClutch

As far as I know the X570 chipset supports SLI however imho SLI is redundant and not worth the hassle.
Nvidia do not offer a great deal of support anymore either.
A reason for not support would be (SLI requires at least 8x) and your second slot is 4x

You can having two PCIe slots, add another card for dedicated PhysX.
PhysX running on a dedicated GPU allows offloading the PhysX processing from the GPU used for standard graphics rendering, resulting in an optimal usage of processing capabilities in a system.

Last edited:
Reactions: PvtJacobClutch
Solution
SLi is nearly dead. Game support has been in decline for years and the games that support it often have disappointing performance gains. I saw a review a while back and of game that supported sli the average improvement was about 30%. SLi can also suffer micro stuttering. I’d recommend ignoring SLi, if you want more performance sell your 2070 and look at the 3060/3070 when they release.

Reactions: PvtJacobClutch
Oct 3, 2020

PhysX running on a dedicated GPU allows offloading the PhysX processing from the GPU used for standard graphics rendering, resulting in an optimal usage of processing capabilities in a system.

I had no idea, thats why I could not find any info other than stuff based of the 1080s, ok so if I do that it will make my game play alot better?

Oct 3, 2020

A reason for not support would be (SLI requires at least 8x) and your second slot is 4x

Also what is PhysX?

Oct 3, 2020
SLi is nearly dead. Game support has been in decline for years and the games that support it often have disappointing performance gains. I saw a review a while back and of game that supported sli the average improvement was about 30%. SLi can also suffer micro stuttering. I’d recommend ignoring SLi, if you want more performance sell your 2070 and look at the 3060/3070 when they release.

Ok Thank you so much!

I had no idea, thats why I could not find any info other than stuff based of the 1080s, ok so if I do that it will make my game play alot better?
I have a dedicated card for Physx and yes performance is improved but only in games or demos that have PhysX.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2jTYM7c7q0

View: https://youtu.be/DyjHn8_-yFQ