ailleur

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2005
Has anyone been able to replicate those sli without bridge results from the SLI article here http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041123/sli-performance-03.html

I do get the sli recognised by the nvidia drivers, i can enable it and all, but its not actually doing any SLI. Same score in 3dmark and the "show load" option displays the green status bar not moving. In doom3, only 1 out of 2 frame is rendered so i get a flashing between rendered/gray frame.

They seem to have go it going in this article.
Im using a dfi utlra-d (modded to sli of course) and i tried from forceware 66.xx to 71.90 and still no luck

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ailleur on 03/10/05 01:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Read this updated <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2337" target="_new">Anandtech review</A> nVidia has taken major steps to eliminate the SLI mod for the Ultra D. Good luck finding the right drivers...

What vid cards are you using? Are you benchmarking on a program that can take advantage of SLI? Not all games or benchmarks can get use the SLI benefit...

ailleur

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2005
Well, the anandtech review states that you cannot use recent drivers with a NON sli board, but the modded ultra-d BECOMES (physically) a SLI board, as is stated by the bios and forceware drivers.But i did try with the 66.74 drivers, still no luck.

Im using 2 6800NU with SLI connectors on top of them. And tried all 3dmarks (which have their own profile in the nvidia benchmarks and can use SLI algorithms) + doom3, which also can use it.

What did you use to remove old drivers prior to updating?

ailleur

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2005
Just deleted the 2 cards off the hardware manager, guess i could give Nasty file remover a go.

--

Still no go, same behaviour. Whats even more annoying is knowing it can be done heh.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ailleur on 03/11/05 11:24 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Recommend posting this in the Graphics Card forum for better response... :smile: