[SOLVED] Slight stutter on PC

Jan 17, 2022
I’ve recently been having an issue with my PC, and am hoping that someone here smarter than me might be able to help.

Since installing the latest Nvidia Drivers, V.511.23, I’ve been dealing with an incredibly annoying stutter. It’ll happen about once every minute or so, and it’ll just freeze for about 2 seconds, then, back to normal.
I downgraded my Drivers back to V.497.29, hoping that would fix the issue, but no difference. Since that didn't make a difference, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Everything is still running fine, still getting good frames in games, and everything else is running perfectly, just this 2 second stutter every minute or so, in-game and out-of-game.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core (this was installed about 2 weeks ago)

Here's my benchmark, and it doesn't look good, I just have no clue how to fix any of these issues https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/49683658

Jan 17, 2022
run a scan of SSD with CHKDSK.

run DDU in Safe Mode and remove all graphics related files, settings, etc.
then reinstall the latest driver package directly from Nvidia.

what do you mean by out-of-game?
even on your local desktop with no game loaded it still stutters like this?
Thanks for the reply, I'll try those 2.

and yes, sitting on the desktop, watching a video, writing this reply, anything, and it'll stutter.

Jan 17, 2022
Google it
ran the check through the "Tools" tab under my disk in File Explorer, as running the CHKDSK /F through Command Prompt wouldn't do anything, and when my PC started back up, it says "Scanning and repairing drive (C)", but when I go back to check the drive, it says there are errors on the drive and gives me the option to repair.
When I repair, I get stuck in the same loop, PC boots, scans drive, says it's repairing drive, starts, I check the drive, and it says I can repair.

I also booted in the Windows Recovery Mode and entered into the Command Prompt there, "un-protected" my disk, because it could not be scanned while it was protected, and nothing, just says that it's unable to be scanned.

Obviously, you were correct and it is a disk issue, but do you have any idea why my system won't let me run the repair? I've looked for a solution for this particular issue with the scan, but haven't found anyone else mentioning it.