[SOLVED] Slow boot up on windows 10

May 19, 2022
Recently my computer has been taking a very long time to boot up, usually it would be 10-15 seconds but now its been 5-8 minutes or even longer. It might now even boot, I would only see the Aorus bird even after 2 hours of waiting.

I tried to defrag, DISM restore health stuff, I used glary utilities registry repair and disk cleanup, reverted my graphics card driver to an earlier date, checked my bios to make sure the boot order is correct (it is), disabled many startup programs and services in task manager, and i checked to see if I have viruses (i don't).

So far the only fix I found was to shut off and turn on the power supply and that makes the computer boot up fast again but only once, if I restart then its back to a slow boot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
GPU: GeForce Gigabyte RTX 3070
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS (no wifi)
Ram: XPG Spectrix D41 8GBx2 3600Mhz(i set it to 3200Mhz)
Stroage: Boot drive: Kingston 256 GB
HGST hard drive 1tb
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 tb

I would like to not have to re-install windows. Hoping you guys have a solution.

thank you.

Last edited:
Recently my computer has been taking a very long time to boot up, usually it would be 10-15 seconds but now its been 5-8 minutes or even longer. It might now even boot, I would only see the Aorus bird even after 2 hours of waiting.

I tried to defrag, DISM restore health stuff, I used glary utilities registry repair and disk cleanup, reverted my graphics card driver to an earlier date, checked my bios to make sure the boot order is correct (it is), disabled many startup programs and services in task manager, and i checked to see if I have viruses (i don't).

So far the only fix I found was to shut off and turn on the power supply and that makes the computer boot up fast again but only once, if I restart then its back to a slow boot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
GPU: GeForce Gigabyte RTX 3070
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS (no wifi)
Ram: XPG Spectrix D41 8GBx2 3600Mhz(i set it to 3200Mhz)
Stroage: Boot drive: Kingston 256 GB
HGST hard drive 1tb
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 tb

I would like to not have to re-install windows. Hoping you guys have a solution.

thank you.
Wag.
Unplug the hgst and the 860.
Test.