Slow Download Speeds / Fast Upload Speeds

raman4434

Distinguished
May 4, 2012
I've been feeling like my downloads are slower since I purchased a new computer from CyberPower PC and I'm not sure what it could be. The motherboard is a Gigabyte X99 Pheonix RGB and has a built in 802.11ac wi-fi adapter. My router hasn't changed and is currently a Asus RT-AC68R. With my previous build my download speeds were always in the hundreds of mbps and my uploads weren't nearly as fast. Now I'm experiencing the opposite. I'm wondering if there are any obvious causes to such high upload speeds and slow download speeds that I can try and fix. I know it's not that slow but I can see a huge difference in download times for steam games as I'm used to over 10MBps and I'm now getting 4 to 5 most of the time. You can see the photo below. My goal would be to get the download looking more like the upload and the upload looking like the download. :)

6qUj9Kt.png

Solution
yet closer to the router you got lower speeds guess it might be to do with iphone dont use apple stuff

only other thing i would check is whats the actual speed in the router config page

that will tell you if its an internal problem or its something to do with your isp etc
yet closer to the router you got lower speeds guess it might be to do with iphone dont use apple stuff

only other thing i would check is whats the actual speed in the router config page

that will tell you if its an internal problem or its something to do with your isp etc

Solution