Question Slow internet, and random spikes ?

Mar 10, 2023
Hello, I got some spikes randomly, I have totally optimized my router. My packet is like 11,2mb max on speed test its look like locked, ping is high. What should i do. I have ADSL net.

deanabiepepler

Prominent
Mar 17, 2023
Hello, I got some spikes randomly, I have totally optimized my router. My packet is like 11,2mb max on speed test its look like locked, ping is high. What should i do. I have ADSL net.

you can Search the Mybroadband Forum https://mybroadband.co.za/forum for info about your distance from your Provider that gives you ADSL if you are far from your neighborhood Provider you WILL Receive bad ping and slow speeds :)

oooooohhhhhhhh yes thats the word DSLAM its like a BIG White Box in your neighborhood. if you are too far From the DSLAM then whats you get. thats why 5G and LTE have shot to Fame because if your signal is

RSRP -75 to -80 dBm
RSRQ -10 dBm or stronger
RSSI -55 to -51 dBm
SINR +10 to 25 dBm

you could get over 10 MB/Second depends on the fact that your Cell tower is congested or not.
here in south africa

Vodacom Mobile 4G Network is 150 Megabits (18.75 MB/Second) with contention "People sharing the Bandwidth"
LTE-Advanced or 4G+ is here 37.5 MB/Second 300 Megabits
RAIN 4G LTE is 75 MB/Second with People sharing the Cell tower bandwidth.

The best thing to do is buy a HUAWEI B818 from 4GLTEMall.com or from Ali Express and put in sim cards loaded with 1 GB Mobile Data and put each sim card with data into the Huawei B818 and go 100 Meters away with your Mobile Cellular router from the Nearest cell tower.

This App >>>>>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfo&hl=en_US Lets you find your nearest Cell tower through your cell phone or you can put your countries network sim cards into your own phone to find Strong Signal

so? get to getting all sim cards in your country.. prepaid sim cards and using it to find your closest cell tower.

Use the Cell Tower for High Speed Broadband,

Mar 22, 2023

Slow internet and random spikes can be caused by a variety of factors, including:

Network congestion: If there are too many people using the same network or internet connection, it can slow down the overall speed.

Wi-Fi interference: Interference from other electronic devices or even physical barriers can weaken the Wi-Fi signal, resulting in slow speeds or random spikes.

Outdated hardware: Old modems or routers can struggle to keep up with modern internet speeds, resulting in slower connections.

Malware or viruses: Malware or viruses on your device can consume network resources, resulting in slow speeds or random spikes.

Background applications: Applications running in the background can consume network resources, resulting in slow speeds or random spikes.

To troubleshoot slow internet and random spikes, you can try the following:

Restart your router or modem: This can help clear out any temporary issues or conflicts that may be affecting your connection.

Check for Wi-Fi interference: Move your router to a different location, away from other electronic devices and physical barriers, to see if that helps improve your connection.

Update your hardware: Make sure your modem and router are up-to-date and capable of handling modern internet speeds.

Scan for malware or viruses: Use antivirus software to scan your device for any malware or viruses that may be affecting your connection.

Close background applications: Close any unnecessary applications running in the background to free up network resources and improve your connection.

Furthermore, for learning more about these types of stuff, you should try to learn a bit more about routing and switching through joining online course on CCNA - Routing and Switching and online networking course and training too.