Slow internet - UK

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
hope someone can help me. I have an Asrock H77M - i5-3750K - 8Gb Ram - Win 7 Home premium. Have a real problem with internet speed using BT home hub 3. Its perfectly acceptable on both my win 7 laptop and win xp desktop (12mb down and 0.9Mb upload) but most of the time any speed test on the win 7 desktop gets about 2-3Mb down and not recorded or barely 0.2 upload using 3 different test sites. Have reinstalled win 7 and Asrock software 2 days ago to try to solve this problem and an unrelated problem with other software. Just after reinstalling had a good speed as on other 2 pc's. Just done a load of windows updates and the problem started. Have done a restore but no improvement. Have connected with differeny leads and used different ports on hub to no avail.
Please someone help as I'm pulling out what little hair i have!!

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
just uninstalled ALL updates and things are working fine now. Reinstalled them all and problem came back - so now un-installing again and then installing them one at a time until I find the problem update. Soon as I do will let microsoft know incase anyone else has problem