Question Slow upload speed.

Mar 5, 2020
My upload speed for files is very slow. I had this poroblem once before and fixed it by disabling the Large Send Offload settings. No problem with upload speed for a couple of years. Then I didn't upload any files for several months. Last week I tried to upload a 17mb file and it took over 30 minutes. The LSO setting were back to enabled in the advanced adaptor settings but now they cant be changed. Soon as you close the setting's window and open it they are back to enabled. I have set the registry to disabled, rebooted and the setting have changed back. There is an asterisk on the reg entry that means a saved setting I think so how do I change the setting permanently?

I would go to the nic maker's web site and grab their official drivers. Depending on the nic brand, this set of software may be the only way to change your settings. Plus, you'll probably need to do this regularly as windows update breaks your driver over and over.

Mar 5, 2020
I would go to the nic maker's web site and grab their official drivers. Depending on the nic brand, this set of software may be the only way to change your settings. Plus, you'll probably need to do this regularly as windows update breaks your driver over and over.

I updated the software but it made no change. I am using att fiber cable internet with a att airties wifi expander. I have a CAT5 network cable connected to it. I am also getting err ssl bad record mac alerts now and some websites wont load or load very slowly. And this has just happened recently. Most of the network entries have an asterisk marking them as saved parameters. I now have the 'V2' ident on the settings where before it was only IPv4 & 6. The ethernet adaptor is part of the mother board so would adding an adaptor via a PCI card help?

Mar 5, 2020
Do you have any accompanying network adapter software that may be resetting the setting?

I updated the software but it made no change. I am using att fiber cable internet with a att airties wifi expander. I have a CAT5 network cable connected to it. I am also getting err ssl bad record mac alerts now and some websites wont load or load very slowly. And this has just happened recently. Most of the network entries have an asterisk marking them as saved parameters. I now have the 'V2' ident on the settings where before it was only IPv4 & 6. The ethernet adaptor is part of the mother board so would adding an adaptor via a PCI card help?