[SOLVED] Slow USB tethering

Feb 28, 2019
So as i yeat have not had time to get a internet connection to my house, i am using usb teathering on my oneplus 6 to share the internet through usb cable.

But the problem is that my phone get a steady ~50mb download, ~6mb send speed. But on my computer the download speed is only about 6 mb, so is my pc internet download speed the same as the send data speed in my phone, or can i increase the download and send speed to close to what my phone resieves (and i dont use the phone while using the pc)

So in short, could i make it so that the dowload speed on my phone would also be the one in my computer. (Use the phone like a modem)?

Solution
Downloads on a PC are in megabytes (MB) -- Your 6mb might be 6MB which would be 48 megabits (mb) which would be your phone speed. Double check your units.
Feb 28, 2019
Downloads on a PC are in megabytes (MB) -- Your 6mb might be 6MB which would be 48 megabits (mb) which would be your phone speed. Double check your units.
Well... I think i learned something new today. I thought MB/s and mbps where the same thing. Now my connection makes sense thx