[SOLVED] Slow Wifi on one device, but fast on the rest

Sep 28, 2020
Hey Guys, I'm having some real trouble with the new wifi that we installed in our student house. We're using NowTV broadband alongside the NowTV Hub 2 Router, with marketed speeds of 66mb.

When I first moved in a week ago, the wifi speed appeared to be working perfectly on all of my devices, apart from my desktop pc, which suffered from download speeds lower than 5mb, whilst still having 13mb. So fine, I popped over to the shop to pick up a network powerline and after setting it up, my pc worked just fine, with speeds of the advertised 66mb.

A few days later, however, I've started to have the exact same issue, but now the problem lies with my phone (Samsung s9) which I don't understand at all as it was working fine for the past week til now, so I'm starting to think that maybe it's my internet provider thats limiting it, but I'm honestly clueless when it comes to internet troubleshooting :(

Hope to hear recommendations from you lot soon :)

Solution
I've got a Realtek RTL819EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E
Your WIFI slowness is probably because of that adapter. It is a 2.4Ghz only adapter. To get better performance you need a dual band adapter.
Since you said you got powerline adapters are you using a wired connection from the powerline adapter ?

kanewolf

Titan
Hey Guys, I'm having some real trouble with the new wifi that we installed in our student house. We're using NowTV broadband alongside the NowTV Hub 2 Router, with marketed speeds of 66mb.

When I first moved in a week ago, the wifi speed appeared to be working perfectly on all of my devices, apart from my desktop pc, which suffered from download speeds lower than 5mb, whilst still having 13mb. So fine, I popped over to the shop to pick up a network powerline and after setting it up, my pc worked just fine, with speeds of the advertised 66mb.

A few days later, however, I've started to have the exact same issue, but now the problem lies with my phone (Samsung s9) which I don't understand at all as it was working fine for the past week til now, so I'm starting to think that maybe it's my internet provider thats limiting it, but I'm honestly clueless when it comes to internet troubleshooting :(

Hope to hear recommendations from you lot soon :)
What is the WIFI adapter you have on your PC?