Sm bus controller

mick164

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hello, I cant seem to upgrade the sm bus controller, It keeps saying that it cant find the software for..Im on windows xp pro.I think this is whats causing a blue screen to pop up here and there. its the only thing in device manager that has a ? and ! next to it..can anyone please help me..oh yeah if I unistall it will that mess up my computer?

mick164

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Im really a cpu noob..lol..but I hope this helps.
system is Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 3.
AMD athlon[tm] 64x2 dual core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz, 1.87 GB of RAM.
I got this info from system properties. Its a Compaq..

mick164

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Thanks a bunch ima try it now, and I will let you know how it goes

mick164

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Ok, I downloaded it and windows said its not compatible with xp or something like that..It said it might effect my cpu either now or in the future. So of course i downloaded it anyway.and everything was working find.no more mare over sm bus controller any more..But when I logged off and tried to get back on for some reason my cpu couldnt connect to the internet anymore...I had to restore my cpu to an earlier date just to be able to write you..I think it was the program, I need to find one for XP...any clues on where to find one?? and thank you for your help.

minins

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
g.gif
So of course i downloaded it anyway.and everything was working find.no more mare over sm bus controller any more