Small keyboard and lcd panel

I'm looking for a small keyboard (max 3 inch high (like a small portable))
which I can build into my hardware.
I'm also looking for a lcd/tft screen that I can build into my application
(max 3 inch high, width doesn't matter)

Any ideas?

Do you mean a full keyboard, just micro-sized, or a few keys?
o Some multi-line LCD displays have integral keyboards
---- Matrix Orbital, and upwards into industrial units
o There are vandal (yes, really) resistant micro-keyboards
---- a bit like the original Commodore Pet, only much smaller

As posted, convert a micro-LCD to suit versus an industrial unit.
If the item needs to be portable, care with mounting the LCD, you
can use some bits of Sorbothane or ConFor foam (from McMaster
in the USA), or even recycle a new (not used) Sorbothane insole.
Smaller LCDs tend to be a bit more rugged than big ones though.
--
Dorothy Bradbury
www.stores.ebay.co.uk/panaflofan for quiet Panaflo fans & other items

Dee

In article <4114cf76$0$311$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, mvmelle@yahoo.com
says...
> I'm looking for a small keyboard (max 3 inch high (like a small portable))
> which I can build into my hardware.
> I'm also looking for a lcd/tft screen that I can build into my application
> (max 3 inch high, width doesn't matter)
>
> Any ideas?

usb keypad

and

PSOne LCD screen, there is a hardware hack for it to work off VGA

any other more industrial suggestions.
The screen looks ok, but It comes with things that I don't need (like sound,
....)
"Dee" <I.H@te.Spam> wrote in message
> In article <4114cf76$0$311$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, mvmelle@yahoo.com
> says...
> > I'm looking for a small keyboard (max 3 inch high (like a small
portable))
> > which I can build into my hardware.
> > I'm also looking for a lcd/tft screen that I can build into my
application
> > (max 3 inch high, width doesn't matter)
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> usb keypad
>
> and
>
> PSOne LCD screen, there is a hardware hack for it to work off VGA

I mean a full keyboard but micro sized (like the ones used for pda's)

"Dorothy Bradbury" <dorothy.bradbury@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean a full keyboard, just micro-sized, or a few keys?
> o Some multi-line LCD displays have integral keyboards
> ---- Matrix Orbital, and upwards into industrial units
> o There are vandal (yes, really) resistant micro-keyboards
> ---- a bit like the original Commodore Pet, only much smaller
>
> As posted, convert a micro-LCD to suit versus an industrial unit.
> If the item needs to be portable, care with mounting the LCD, you
> can use some bits of Sorbothane or ConFor foam (from McMaster
> in the USA), or even recycle a new (not used) Sorbothane insole.
> Smaller LCDs tend to be a bit more rugged than big ones though.
> --
> Dorothy Bradbury
> www.stores.ebay.co.uk/panaflofan for quiet Panaflo fans & other items
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy.bradbury/panaflo.htm (Free Delivery)

> I mean a full keyboard but micro sized (like the ones used for pda's)

o Vandal resistance keyboards - they can be pda sized
o Industrial application keyboards - will be much cheaper

Someone will make it, the vandal resistant ones are very pricey (200$+),
they are designed to withstand a customer whose card they just ate :)
--
DB.

I find many sites that sell keyboards, but not that small.
If you would have a link, I would be thankfull

>> I mean a full keyboard but micro sized (like the ones used for pda's)
>
> o Vandal resistance keyboards - they can be pda sized
> o Industrial application keyboards - will be much cheaper
>
> Someone will make it, the vandal resistant ones are very pricey (200$+),
> they are designed to withstand a customer whose card they just ate :)
> --
> DB.

> I find many sites that sell keyboards, but not that small.
> If you would have a link, I would be thankfull

Try www.rswww.com - that is the UK site, RS also exist in the USA.
o Enter part number: 424-6569
o The name is STORM 1200 Series Vandal Resistant Sub-Miniature Keyboards
o Water proof to IP65 sealed (which is NEMA 4 in USA speak - *I think*)
o Vandal resistant (probably not child proof :)
o Stainless steel front plate & silver chromed metal keys

If you think of NCR ATM machine, I think it's "that kind of keyboard".

Size = 175x85x21.5mm - or in rounded-up inches, 6.90"x3.35"x0.85".
It has both USB & PS/2 capability - you just choose the lead.

Now, I'm pretty sure that "STORM" is a trade name of some sort,
so doing a Google... turns up a lot globally, www.storm-keyboards.com