SN41G2 full screen TV out

I have a SN41G2 V2 XPC system with monitor and TV connecting to the
plugs on the mainboard.

And I am using AMD 3200+ barton. 512mb ddr266 ram.
The OS is WindowsXP and with the most current nvidia VGA driver.
The resolution setting for monitor is 1280x1024and for TV is 1024x768;
monitor is primary output, TV is secondry output, Horizonal extension.

Once I change the Windows Media play to fullscreen mode, the TV output
become on/off.

Does anyone have the same problem with similar setting ?
Is there a way to fix it ?

"fumihiko" <fumihiko@cox.net> wrote in message
> I have a SN41G2 V2 XPC system with monitor and TV connecting to the
> plugs on the mainboard.
>
> And I am using AMD 3200+ barton. 512mb ddr266 ram.
> The OS is WindowsXP and with the most current nvidia VGA driver.
> The resolution setting for monitor is 1280x1024and for TV is 1024x768;
> monitor is primary output, TV is secondry output, Horizonal extension.
>
> Once I change the Windows Media play to fullscreen mode, the TV output
> become on/off.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem with similar setting ?
> Is there a way to fix it ?

can you view the video when wmp is windowed ?

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

---

fumihiko schrieb:
> I have a SN41G2 V2 XPC system with monitor and TV connecting to the
> plugs on the mainboard.
>
> And I am using AMD 3200+ barton. 512mb ddr266 ram.
> The OS is WindowsXP and with the most current nvidia VGA driver.
> The resolution setting for monitor is 1280x1024and for TV is 1024x768;
> monitor is primary output, TV is secondry output, Horizonal extension.
>
> Once I change the Windows Media play to fullscreen mode, the TV output
> become on/off.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem with similar setting ?
> Is there a way to fix it ?

I've got the almost same problem running iTunes on winxp. Switching the
visualisation to fullscreen on my tv turns of the tft on my notebook.
I didn't try it the other way round, but I guess it's the same...

When the WMP is windowed (not fullscreen), everything works correctly
on the TV output; however, once WMP is switched to fullscreen mode on
the TV screen, the TV output becomes on and off. I got a replacement
mainboard from shuttle, and the same thing happened again (ie, the
mainboard should not be defected mainboard).

Is there a way to make it work ?

Thanks,

"Kelly Cotter" <"deletethis"kelly.cotter@*deletethis*blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<A4jFc.2223$FB.18963594@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> "fumihiko" <fumihiko@cox.net> wrote in message
> > I have a SN41G2 V2 XPC system with monitor and TV connecting to the
> > plugs on the mainboard.
> >
> > And I am using AMD 3200+ barton. 512mb ddr266 ram.
> > The OS is WindowsXP and with the most current nvidia VGA driver.
> > The resolution setting for monitor is 1280x1024and for TV is 1024x768;
> > monitor is primary output, TV is secondry output, Horizonal extension.
> >
> > Once I change the Windows Media play to fullscreen mode, the TV output
> > become on/off.
> >
> > Does anyone have the same problem with similar setting ?
> > Is there a way to fix it ?
>
> can you view the video when wmp is windowed ?
>

> --
> If the information posted above helps then let me know.
> If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.
>

> ---

I did more test on this issue by playing several clips over and over
last night and found out that TV out always turning off at same part
of clips; and those part of clips were darker than average. So, I
changed the background color to black and found out the TV out
switched off totally even without anything application on that screen.

Can anyone who has sn41g2 or other nvidia mainboard with IGP gf4 mx
embedded confirm it ? Can you try the black background and see if your
tvout turns off?

Thanks,