Sneak Peek: Four Core i7 X58 Motherboards

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmj

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
hate the way it was presented... with fairly little information on each page... the dropdown was removed to quickly go to each product.

A way to get more mouse click.... shame on it.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]cmj[/nom]hate the way it was presented... with fairly little information on each page... the dropdown was removed to quickly go to each product.A way to get more mouse click.... shame on it.[/citation]

This is the picture story format, and if you mouse over each of those little grey squares you get a preview of the image on that page. For a very visual sneak peek like this one, it's even more friendly than the drop-down because you can tell which images you want to see before even clicking!

ajy0903

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
Wow. These boards are great!!!!! If I get one of them, it will be big upgrade jump for me, since i still have older P4 with 970X Chipset motherboard. Only thing for these motherboards are, that, there is no HDMI port and it still has PS/2 mouth/keyboard ports, and it still has IDE connectors. I hope it doesn't have FDD connectors.

G

The red strips of plastic are to protect your fingers! Get one of those prongs under your nail while trying to change the CPU/heatsink/Fan Ouch!

:)

wzbtoz

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Its a pity one cant print the article :(

Has anyone a link where X58 Mobos are tested and compared against each other ? a link for a review of ASUS P6T6 WS?

Last, what are these craps on the right side in RELATED CONTENT? The links do not correspond at all with the subject?!?!

Sands

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
My own personal money having been spent money experience is this:

ASUS has yet to get Duo Core boards down yet!

Even if pros can get get an ASUS to go 97X's faster than any other board the time a regular person will have to spend getting an ASUS board up and running is not in nano seconds or milliseconds but days and weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.