Question So i have a Problem that is kind of Weird and i could need some help whit it .

Jul 19, 2021
Well were do i begin!, Around 3 Weeks ago i installed BF4 after the summer sale and the thing is, that since then i sometimes have the problem were both of my monitors just shut off and turn black for 3 sec and then come back and the game or even videos in chrome and twitch just stay black until i ether restart the game or reload the page, but even then my entire system has some wired glitches like green pixel walls in videos and graphics glitches etc, as well as wenn i restart the PC some times the restart prompt is not visible its just a blue screen whit twitching graphics , but as soon es my restart is complet its all normal again like nothing happend every thing works fine, the thing is normally it would only happen when i start a steam game and only a steams game, stuff like WoW and Rainbow six run normal but now it also happens when i just watch streams or videos but its super random and out of nowhere for example today it happend after like 10 hrs of nothing weird happening while i was watching a stream, it just all of a sudden both monitors turn black after 2-3 seconds they come back and every video and stream is bugged until i restart my PC and every thing is normal again as soon as my pc restarts.

So now for the Things i already did:

First i cleared steams cache and un/reinstallt steam, BTW until now i only reinstallt Yakuza Zero and Yugioh LOTD and while playing for a bit i did not come across any problems but i only played for like 10 min normally it happens kinda random, whit some games more, other ones less ou and most of the time it happens not immediately, it takes a little time to happen , but until now it still happend twice while watching a video and a twitch stream so yeah.

Second thing i did was un/reinstall my GPU driver whit DDU ou and i should mention that i did that like one hour ago so i don,t know if it changed anything, since it is super random when it happens.

also what i did was checking for wired stuff on my pc.... i looked for some weird software on my PC like some old drivers maybe and i came across something that lead me to post this problem here, i have a Complet AMD setup and for some reason i have ageia physx whit a few folders on my PC but ageia physix is mostly and Nvidia thing at least since AMD hooked up whit Radeon as far as i know, so side question could it be that this causes the problem maybe its trying to use my cpu as Physics id and switches and then it notices ou [Mod edit to remove profanity.] its AMD or something and switches back and then it creates this weird problems? and if so how do i clean it of my pc whit out problems? . (i should mention that it is not a proper app its just like 25 folder from v2.3.1-v2.8.1 and a symbol whit the name A_Ball_Trans and a read me whit do not delete any Subfolders and a Nvidia Phisx help file ou and the install seams to be installed at the same time as i installed bf4 so how do i get writ of that trash?)

Side Note: i could try replicating the problem so People can see how it looks and happens.

PC:Stats

CPU : Ryzen 9 3900XT

GPU: Radeon Gigabyte 5700XT

Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master x570

RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3600mhz OC

PSU; Corsair rm850x

AN 144hz 1440p[ LG monitor and a 1080p 70hz iiyama monitor

WIndows 10

PS:Sorry for my bad Grammer

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and information events that were captured just before or at the time of the screens going black.

Reliability History is much more user friendly and provides a timeline format that you can use to "go back" three weeks. Look for errors etc. that started then. Maybe after BF was installed.

You can click on any given entry to get more detailed information about what happened. The details/error codes may or may not be helpful.

How old is the Corsair PSU? Heavy use for gaming?

Instead of using DDU manually download drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Jul 19, 2021
I Already checket RBH/EV and RBH just gives me a Hardware Error at the time it happend, but that does not give me much info and EV is just well how do i say it convoluted AF so finding in there a specific problem is difficult.

The PSU Should be 2 Months old i installed it after i had to Replace my motherboard since it was Dead. (Side note i just got the same new Mainboard and not a different one and the PSU is not a 24/7 Full load Slave i play like every other day for maybe like 2-3hrs and otherwise i just watch videos all day but that is far away from anything that should cause any problems.) (Other side note my PC Stays one during the black screens every thing stays in the background it just goes black comes back and then glitches the game or video out, to were i have to restart my stuff but it still glitches everything to where i have to restart the PC.) ou and about the Dead Motherboard it was like 3 months old and it just one day did not work anymore so i had to refund it whit a new one. If you need any other Information let me know, and thanks for the Reply

Jul 19, 2021
So some further information today i got the problem again and now i get a hardware error whit this info :

Problem signature: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffca8250852460
Parameter 2: fffff8075ed04c70
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 3f18
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version : 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID : 1031

its kinda a useless info for me since i cant get a true resolution for my problem

I still have now clue what to do about this