Question So im trying to connect to a server and i cant connect to it, when pinging it in my cmd i get request timed out.

Try a tracert to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 instead.

In general there is nothing you can do about traffic outside your house. Your only option is to send and receive data on the connection you get from your ISP.
You have no control over how data flow between the routers in the ISP network and between other ISP leading to the server.

The only thing you have control over is the equipment in your house and to some extent you can get the ISP to fix issues with the connection to your house.

Also tracert may not always work correctly. ISP and some game companies have configured their equipment to not respond or block this traffic because it can be used as denial of service attacks. Gamers can be real idiots sometime and attack the end game server and routers in the game company ISP because they are mad they lost in some silly game.

Feb 8, 2023
Try a tracert to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 instead.

In general there is nothing you can do about traffic outside your house. Your only option is to send and receive data on the connection you get from your ISP.
You have no control over how data flow between the routers in the ISP network and between other ISP leading to the server.

The only thing you have control over is the equipment in your house and to some extent you can get the ISP to fix issues with the connection to your house.

Also tracert may not always work correctly. ISP and some game companies have configured their equipment to not respond or block this traffic because it can be used as denial of service attacks. Gamers can be real idiots sometime and attack the end game server and routers in the game company ISP because they are mad they lost in some silly game.
View: https://imgur.com/a/cQgkR0f

Not the most optimum thing. Your ISP appears to have set a lot of their routers to not respond to tracert. You do not really see routers until you get to the googles network.

It doesn't matter a lot the nodes that are * * * just mean they are configured to not give you any data.

Overall I see no real issues with this trace. The lantency to hop 3 is higher than I would expect but it all depends on what kind of network this is. This is where seeing hop 2 would be nice.

What is your actual issue this traces show no real issue.