[SOLVED] So I've had this problem with AMD drivers for the past two weeks...

William e Smith

Reputable
Jan 23, 2017
Once In a while, I have problems with AMD drivers. But these past two weeks have been pretty annoying. I've reinstalled my drivers MANY times and haven't found a fix to this.
https://ibb.co/DpR54qX Looking at the image, the window pops up, but nothing actually truly pops up. The driver straight up just doesn't respond. I can play games and edit my videos just fine, but it's pretty annoying when I can't access my driver settings to change what I want.

Any tips?

For better helping me in this situation, allow me to give you a little more context of prior use on the card.
First off, the card is an RX580 8gb that I had auto overclocked. I don't expect that much from the card, but I at least want it to WORK, right?
Second off, the card is in a Desk PC with a TON of airflow. It's not overheating in any way, if that helps.
Third, I don't really play any games that put the card at 100% all the time, if that helps. The most demanding game I've ever played was COD Modern Warfare.

and that's kind of it.

Any help is appreciated it.
For now, I'll just keep reinstalling drivers.

Thanks!

Solution
I'm an A10-6800K owner and I've had to deal with some pretty weird drivers and bugs, ones that actually got ironed out after 3 years(I think). What version of Windows 10 are you on? You should make sure you're on the latest version of the OS, which is 20H2. The next thin to do is make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Overclocking actually causes more power draw from the PSU, what is the make and model of the PSU? Just as a refresh, what driver versions have you tried? Did you use DDU to remove your existing GPU drivers and then reinstalled the latest version of the drivers from AMD manually?

Lutfij

Titan
I'm an A10-6800K owner and I've had to deal with some pretty weird drivers and bugs, ones that actually got ironed out after 3 years(I think). What version of Windows 10 are you on? You should make sure you're on the latest version of the OS, which is 20H2. The next thin to do is make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Overclocking actually causes more power draw from the PSU, what is the make and model of the PSU? Just as a refresh, what driver versions have you tried? Did you use DDU to remove your existing GPU drivers and then reinstalled the latest version of the drivers from AMD manually?

Solution

William e Smith

Reputable
Jan 23, 2017
I just checked. I'm not on the latest windows update. However, I did update everything around two weeks ago (around the time this driver problem started happening).
I don't know if I'm on the latest bios on my motherboard as I'm on an older Intel chipset.

My specs are as follows.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z
CPU: I7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz
RAM: 16gb Ripjaws X @1600mhz
CPU Cooler: AIO liquid cooler Corsair Hydro h80i
GPU: RX580 8gb stock speeds (as of right now)
PSU: CoolerMaster 1000watt unit
Main drive: 2TB SSD
Secondary drive: 2TB HDD

I should be on one of the latest bios updates on the board, but I'm not sure. I can check later.

In terms of the AMD Drivers, I tried the latest official release, and the latest beta release of the driver. I reinstalled both twice, and have the same issues.
I have not tried DDU'ing! That's a good idea. Thanks!
I get a fresh download of the latest drivers whenever I want to reinstall, if that answers any questions.

I will DDU and see if that helps any.