[SOLVED] So My Mouse Did Intelligent Moves By Its Own While Im Playing Game.

Apr 1, 2020
So today i was playing Mount and Blade: Bannerlord, Tablut (boardgame) to be exact. Its from Steam (my brother has the account too) and original. While I was playing my mouse dragged and then clicked the ''Forfeit'' button, then accepted the warning. I tried to prevent it by dragging my mouse to somewhere else but it didnt work that well. I was scared and bored a little bit so I Alt+F4 the game. I scanned my pc with Windows Defender and some other antivirus softwares, it was all clear. I checked all my internet activity, and my ports but everything seems clear. I still dont know what happened exactly and Im skeptic about it. What is this thing and how do i know if im monitored. I asked my brother if he had something related to this thing but he said no repeatedly so idk. Can you help me pls ?

Solution
alternatively, if this wasn't an online game with somebody else, and was a solo experience, I would check your PC for any programs that are for using an app on your phone to control the mouse on your PC.
it's entirely possible that your brother was trolling you.

if your brother has his own PC, should check to see if any remote desktop applications are installed and setup, like teamviewer and such.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
is this the only time it's happened or has it happened more than once?
also, seems more likely that the person you were playing against was hacking the game to win since your mouse did things that only pertained to the game and wasn't instead moving around your operating system trying to open programs and run command prompt

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
alternatively, if this wasn't an online game with somebody else, and was a solo experience, I would check your PC for any programs that are for using an app on your phone to control the mouse on your PC.

if your brother has his own PC, should check to see if any remote desktop applications are installed and setup, like teamviewer and such.

Solution
Apr 1, 2020

Thanks for the answer. When I ran my AV it found a Trojan virus and i decided to reset my system. I dont think this is related to the game but it made me skeptic. Im trying to figure out how to reset only ''C'' drive which my windows is located. Im currently moving my steam and any other important file to D and i dont know how to reset only ''C'' drive yet. Do you recommend any guides? I have win 10 installed.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
just download and run MalwareBytes to attempt to locate and remove the trojan.
while resetting windows may not save you from a trojan, you can "reset" you windows installation removing everything except for loose files in folders like documents and downloads reverting everything back to default windows installation by performing a Windows reset in settings.

TRENDING THREADS