Software disc for the Digital Rebel (300D)

I bought this camera used and the guy did not have the software disc. Canon
does not make this available online, and wants to charge for it to send to
me. If anyone can make an image of this and make it available for me to
download, it would be greatly appreciatted. Unfortunatley, I have no place
for anyone to upload it to.

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1116481097.300076@news...
>I bought this camera used and the guy did not have the software disc. Canon
>does not make this available online, and wants to charge for it to send to
>me. If anyone can make an image of this and make it available for me to
>download, it would be greatly appreciatted. Unfortunatley, I have no place
>for anyone to upload it to.

Pay for the disk.
We do not pirate software.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

If you have win2K or XP just plug the camera into the USB port. There is no
software required.

Look under "My Computer" and you should see a "removable memory drive" with
all your pics on it. Copy and paste to a permanent location.

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1116481097.300076@news...
> I bought this camera used and the guy did not have the software disc.
Canon
> does not make this available online, and wants to charge for it to send to
> me. If anyone can make an image of this and make it available for me to
> download, it would be greatly appreciatted. Unfortunatley, I have no place
> for anyone to upload it to.

The disc is free when you purchase a camera. There is none to buy.

Everybody thanx you for the useful help.

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1116481097.300076@news...
> >I bought this camera used and the guy did not have the software disc.
Canon
> >does not make this available online, and wants to charge for it to send
> >me. If anyone can make an image of this and make it available for me to
> >download, it would be greatly appreciatted. Unfortunatley, I have no
place
> >for anyone to upload it to.
> >

> Pay for the disk.
> We do not pirate software.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Thankyou tot he two who replied, but regarding the first guy, all the
software Canon posts on their site, is just the drivers or updates. I need
the actuall original disc.

Yes, I know I can access the pictures by just using the camera as a drive,
but that will not allow me to do anything with "RAW" images, thus my want
for the original disc. Hopefully someone can create an image of their disc
and let me know where I can dload it from.

As for where I am from, I am actually Canadian. I just like the spelling
"DISC". ;\)

"John P Bengi" <JBengi(spam)@(spam)yahoo,com> wrote in message
> If you have win2K or XP just plug the camera into the USB port. There is
> no
> software required.
>
> Look under "My Computer" and you should see a "removable memory drive"
> with
> all your pics on it. Copy and paste to a permanent location.
>
> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1116481097.300076@news...
>> I bought this camera used and the guy did not have the software disc.
> Canon
>> does not make this available online, and wants to charge for it to send
>> me. If anyone can make an image of this and make it available for me to
>> download, it would be greatly appreciatted. Unfortunatley, I have no
>> place
>> for anyone to upload it to.

It figures the USanians can only spell by phonetics anyway. If you use a
letter with two different sounds they have to go to war over it.

On Fri, 20 May 2005 04:00:50 GMT, guess <imnot@home.com> wrote:
> Thankyou tot he two who replied, but regarding the first guy, all the
> software Canon posts on their site, is just the drivers or updates. I need
> the actuall original disc.
>
> Yes, I know I can access the pictures by just using the camera as a drive,
> but that will not allow me to do anything with "RAW" images, thus my want
> for the original disc. Hopefully someone can create an image of their disc
> and let me know where I can dload it from.

Canon offers a utility specifically for processing Canon RAW (.CRW) files
that works for those created by the PowerShot G1... and might well work
for others.

I located the package, labelled "Raw Image Converter v2.0.2 for Windows"
via a pop-up window from the following link:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?
act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=222&modelid=8282

via the link Drivers & Software -> Software.

Hope this helps...

Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates
Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887
Munged E-mail: frank uscore mckenney ayut minds pring dawt cahm (y'all)
--
"...[A]mong free men, there can be no successful appeal from the
ballot to the bullet; ...they who take such an appeal are sure

Thanks for the tip. I actually found someone awhile ago that gave me a copy
of the discs. I might just grab this and see if it suits my needs.