sofware removing

When going to the add/remove software icon on my cortrol panel, only very few
of my programs are displayed, what is wrong?

Thank you

Keep scrolling down the list. Sometimes there is a large gap between
listings of programs. Adobe Acrobat and Adobe PageMaker are the two
culprits that cause this to happen on two of my machines.