Strahinja Babic

Honorable
Jan 17, 2015
Hello! Recently i have gotten myself an RX480 8 gb version.
Was running everything smoothly,passed every single stress test. Untill i put it against some high intensity games.
While playing BF5 it randomly crashes to a solid ( random ) colored screen. While in some not so demanding games it works flawlesly: Destiny 2,LoL,Dota2 and so on.
It would crash at like 2 minutes of playing BF5,untill i underclocked it a bit,then it could run the game for a hour or something and Crash again.
After instaling some monitoring apps i noticed my 12v rail was outputing as low as 11.1 volts. Could it be a PSU issue ?

PC Specs :
Motherboard: ASUS prime A320M-K
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: ASUS RX480 8Gb
RAM: 8 Gb ADATA @ 2666 Mhz
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE SPS-530M

Hello! Recently i have gotten myself an RX480 8 gb version.
Was running everything smoothly,passed every single stress test. Untill i put it against some high intensity games.
While playing BF5 it randomly crashes to a solid ( random ) colored screen. While in some not so demanding games it works flawlesly: Destiny 2,LoL,Dota2 and so on.
It would crash at like 2 minutes of playing BF5,untill i underclocked it a bit,then it could run the game for a hour or something and Crash again.
After instaling some monitoring apps i noticed my 12v rail was outputing as low as 11.1 volts. Could it be a PSU issue ?

PC Specs :
Motherboard: ASUS prime A320M-K
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: ASUS RX480 8Gb
RAM: 8 Gb ADATA @ 2666 Mhz
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE SPS-530M
The 12 volt rail should stay within +- 5%. Yours is not meeting that standard and your PSU is lower quality to begin with. You need a better quality PSU, especially for a gaming system.

Which brand of PSU-s should i invest in? And what wattage should i shoot for in case of my system?
Which brand of PSU-s should i invest in? And what wattage should i shoot for in case of my system?
The power requirements for your system are relatively low. A good quality 450-550 watt unit would be fine. What you buy depends on what is available where you live and your budget.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Strahinja Babic

Honorable
Jan 17, 2015

OR

https://www.emmi.rs/napajanja-i-dod...0w-seasonic-ssr-650lm.11.html?productId=84851
I borrowed my friends 600w Seasonic PSU to test this out. Updated my bios aswell. Unfortunatly my pc still crashes to one solid color but only in BF5 now,other games seem to work fine. After a bit of testing the voltages are more than fine now. Kinda getting stuck with this