[SOLVED] Solution for an overheating RTX 2060 Ventus ?

May 26, 2022
Hi I have a problem when I play games like destiny my gpu temp reaches 86 and I think this isn't normal any solutions pls?

Solution
Try running the PC with the side panel open, see if that improves things so we know if it really is airflow or not. Do not change thermal paste as the literally first thing you do! Too much that can go wrong there especially if you don't know what you are doing. Also, did you adjust the fan curve of the GPU? You might be able to get some lower temps simply by using MSI Afterburner or other tools to increase fan speed from default to higher RPMs.
May 26, 2022
You are getting close to max GPU temp which is 88°C for the 2060. This is possible because of bad airflow in your system so if you share more info on your system we can help you better.
My problem is my case I guess it's so small and it's only have 2 fan to cool so I dunno. btw I have a liquid nzxt cooler should I put the fans out to or in? kinda confused

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's a reason they're preinstalled only with a top and rear exhaust fan. NZXT H500 series are negative pressure focused for airflow; exhaust is stronger than intake.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340
h500-gpu-only.png

"Average GPU temperature in the torture test was 52.4 degrees Celsius with the stock fan configuration, and 53C with the top filter removed, a minor change within margin of error. Interestingly, temperature went up quite a bit with the 140mm intake fan added, up to 59.3C and 58.9C with the 120mm fans moved to front intake. This is where the the stock fan configuration starts to make sense. NZXT chose negative pressure because this allows the GPU to draw air in through empty expansion slots, rather than relying on intake from the mostly-sealed front of the case. When front intake fans are added, even ones pointing towards the GPU, this airflow pattern is disrupted and the GPU can no longer pull cool air in from behind the case."

Even with a 240/280mm AIO in there, it should still be negative pressure... do you have the area behind the PC blocked off with anything?

KyaraM

Admirable
Try running the PC with the side panel open, see if that improves things so we know if it really is airflow or not. Do not change thermal paste as the literally first thing you do! Too much that can go wrong there especially if you don't know what you are doing. Also, did you adjust the fan curve of the GPU? You might be able to get some lower temps simply by using MSI Afterburner or other tools to increase fan speed from default to higher RPMs.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution