[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Computer BSODs while gaming since doing a factory reset ?

Nov 29, 2023
About a week ago I factory reset my computer, reinstalling Windows 10. A couple days later I decided I wanted to play some games so I installed a few and about 10 minutes or so while my computer freezes and I have to turn it off via the tower. As time goes on I can't figure out the issue and eventually when it crashes it now gives me BSOD errors with a couple different codes. There were about three so far and two of them were SYSTEM SERVICE EXECEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

From everything I gathered, its definitely a hardware issue and I'm assuming its associated with my gpu because its mainly while I am playing a game. I have tried so many fixes from forums and what not and nothing seems to work. What confuses me is how this issue arised AFTER the factory reset because it was never an issue before.

PersianR6

Reputable
Dec 21, 2019
Did you install the drivers? If yes where did you get them, from windows update or some 3rd party software?
Could be a faulty driver that causes this

Reactions: limenode
Nov 29, 2023
It is tough to give advice since you say you have tried things but do not list them. Have you run sfc /scannow and Dism? Did you go into bios and ensure your memory is running at its rated speed? Did you reinstall the chipset drivers?
Sorry for the lack of information. This is a lot of the things I have done, ran sfc /scannow, CHKDSK scan, ran driver verifier, reflashed bios and made sure it is running at rated speed, checked every driver in device manager and downloaded latest driver through there search option. I know that the best way to make sure the right driver is installed is to go to the manufactures website but there are so many I don't even know where to start and I haven't dealt with an issue like this before.

Did you install the drivers? If yes where did you get them, from windows update or some 3rd party software?
Could be a faulty driver that causes this
Yes I do believe it is a faulty driver and when I reinstalled Windows I didn't reinstall any drivers other than gpu I haven't before.

The IRQL_not_less error is related to your system memory. So there's most likely a faulty memory module on your motherboard.

What are your full system specs?
My computer is about 5 or 6 years old, Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B150 PC MATE
CPU: Intel i7-6700k @4.00Hz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070
Ram: 16gb XPG Z1 DDR4 DRAM

Nov 30, 2023
Sorry for the lack of information. This is a lot of the things I have done, ran sfc /scannow, CHKDSK scan, ran driver verifier, reflashed bios and made sure it is running at rated speed, checked every driver in device manager and downloaded latest driver through there search option. I know that the best way to make sure the right driver is installed is to go to the manufactures website but there are so many I don't even know where to start and I haven't dealt with an issue like this before.

Yes I do believe it is a faulty driver and when I reinstalled Windows I didn't reinstall any drivers other than gpu I haven't before.

My computer is about 5 or 6 years old, Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B150 PC MATE
CPU: Intel i7-6700k @4.00Hz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070
Ram: 16gb XPG Z1 DDR4 DRAM
Run BIOS-level memtest (memtest86) with overclocked memory profile and default.

Reactions: limenode
Nov 29, 2023
Run BIOS-level memtest (memtest86) with overclocked memory profile and default.
Appreciate the help, turns out it was one of my ssd's that I bought and installed about a year, a driver from it must have got messed up during the reset and was causing the errors . Removed it from my pc and haven't experienced a crash since.

Reactions: PersianR6