Question (SOLVED) High End System won't POST/DRAM light orange on (first attempt worked for 30min fine then I lost display) ?

Jun 16, 2023
EDIT #2:
SOLVED: Took out 2 of the 48GB RAM sticks and now only using 2. Computer seems to have no issues at the moment. I will probably end up getting 4x32 GB sticks and hanging onto the 4x48GB until future updates from AMD.

EDIT:
*Partially Solved not POSTing
*Partially Solved DRAM Debug light

Solution:
- Reset CPU by removing it and reinserting it.
- Reset RAM sticks by taking them out and putting them back in.

NOTE: 48GB ram sticks are not 100% compatible with AMD processors. Apparently AMD is working on their BIOS to get it working but the latest update isn't 100%.

Current Issue: Freezing/Displays going black

After looking on the forums here and around on the internet these are some of the things I have tried. The freezes don't happen as frequent but they are still happening. While in a game and sometimes at start up when I get to the desktop.

- Downgraded Graphics Card to earlier version
- Slotted different identical RAM sticks into each slot (All DDR5 sticks 48GB and 16GB)
- Reset CPU (this actually helped the machine to get through boot/post)

****** END EDIT

About 30min into play time I lost display, and connection to Discord was cut as people couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them either. I noticed the DRAM orange light came back on so I powered down and removed the case. I noticed the case was extremely hot while removing the cover so I let everything cool down and checked all the connections for the fans/cooler etc. I also didn't see any obvious damage/melted componets or anything like that.

Now it is the next morning and I am trying to get the computer to boot/post again. I have removed the 192GB Ram and put back in the 32GB and tried to reset the BIOS again as that is what ended up working on the first successful power up. Nothing.... all I see is that orange DRAM EZ DEBUG light on and it won't seem to cycle or post/boot.

I have also tried to swap the GPU but that didn't seem to work either. I used the GPU from my other computer that I am typing this post on so I know everything works.

Any ideas?

SPECS:
Motherboard: ROG STRIX X670E-F Gaming WIFI
Storage: Nextorage Japan 2TB NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe Gen.4 Internal SSD
GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 192GB (4 x 48GB)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) (needed this to get into BIOS to update)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Power: EVGA Supernova 1600 G+, 80+ Gold 1600W

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023
So your solution was just reinstalling your CPU and RAM?
Not really, ended up changing out the motherboard as the Slot #4 was faulty. After reinstallation of a new board and updating the BIOS the computer works flawlessly.

INFO: I wouldn't recommend 48GB RAM sticks with AMD processors or motherboards at this time. Intel seems to have it figured out but AMD has a lot of trouble with them.

If you do want the 48 GB Ram sticks in an AMD make sure you have an alternative RAM sticks 32GB or lower that you can use to update the BIOS to the newest version so it can handle the 48GB RAM sticks.

EDIT: I tried to add this info to the original post but it wouldn't let me edit it anymore.