[SOLVED] [SOLVED]No display or power to USB devices, but PC boots up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2022
Greetings,
I am newly registered, but have been following these forums for as long as I can remember (mostly because of having these kinds of troubleshoots where my PC just blows me away).

Yesterday I sent my PC on a trip to where I live(~3 hour trip), it was nicely packed in its box and safely transported by a friend. When I plugged everything in and tried to boot, the PC boots but there was no power to the Usb devices and no display. I tried several fixes from youtube, resetting the CMOS battery fixed the issue for only a few seconds afterwards everything just froze(on my bios screen appeared, 00 usb devices detected, and the option for f1 or f2 for reset or default settings) after just a few seconds of bliss the thing froze to just that, however my PC was still running.

Next I tried removing the CMOS, with which I got similar results only this time it froze when a bios count down started but didn't finish. I also tried removing RAM and booting, when booting I got no beeps from my system.
I don't quite remember my PCs specific components, and I tend to forget.
I guess I'd also have to mention that last time(a week ago maybe) my PC was working just fine.

Thank you for reading, and any advice would be fantastic to my situation.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would try in reseating your components, to the point where you're prepped for breadboarding. This way you can inspect each part for any damage during transit. There are instances where the PCIe slot might've ripped out or a component flopped around and knocked out an smd off the board.

Also, could you please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Oct 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would try in reseating your components, to the point where you're prepped for breadboarding. This way you can inspect each part for any damage during transit. There are instances where the PCIe slot might've ripped out or a component flopped around and knocked out an smd off the board.

Also, could you please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: Fx-8350(with HyperEVO 212 v2 cooler)
Motherboard: Asus m5a78l-m
Ram: HYPERX fury 4GB ddr3
SSD/HDD: SSD Kingston 480Gb(might be lower 🥴),Western Digital 1TB Blue
GPU: AMD Asus Radeon 580 4gb
PSU: Corsair 750Watts Gold
Chassis: Sharkoon S25-W

So I just met a friend in the city and we hung out, and he help me through another friend of his, where we inspected it much througly and we found a fix after reinserting the CPU(also did a pretty handy cleaning to the cooler and added new thermal paste), we've come to the conclusion that the cooler is just way to big and not sturdy enough, so while it was being transported the CPU possible lost full contact to the motherboard due to the heaviness of the cooler.

Anyway, thank you for the reply, hope this helps someone else in a similar situation, I'm just glad I got things fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS