[SOLVED] [SOLVED] SSD shows up in BIOS, not in Disk Manager

Dec 10, 2020
I have 2 M.2 SSDs installed. For the sake of this post, SSD A will be my old one that has windows installed, as well as most of my programs. SSD B is my new one that I will use for games and such.
Both SSDs show up fine in the BIOS, it seems as if everything is good. When booting Windows from SSD A, that is the only drive that shows up. SSD B does not show up in file explorer, disk manager, device manager, diskpart, etc. HOWEVER, when booting windows from SSD B, both SSD A & B will show up in file explorer (what I am trying to do when booting from SSD A).
Does anyone know what is going on and how I can try to fix it? Thanks!

Solution
I have 2 M.2 SSDs installed. For the sake of this post, SSD A will be my old one that has windows installed, as well as most of my programs. SSD B is my new one that I will use for games and such.
Both SSDs show up fine in the BIOS, it seems as if everything is good. When booting Windows from SSD A, that is the only drive that shows up. SSD B does not show up in file explorer, disk manager, device manager, diskpart, etc. HOWEVER, when booting windows from SSD B, both SSD A & B will show up in file explorer (what I am trying to do when booting from SSD A).
I have solved this issue. Will post the solution in case anyone else has a similar problem.

When booting...

USAFRet

Titan
Knowledge of the parts involved here would help.

SSD make/model, motherboard, etc, etc...

Dec 10, 2020
Knowledge of the parts involved here would help.

SSD make/model, motherboard, etc, etc...
SSD A: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - W
SSD B: Inland Platinum 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0x4 M.2 2280 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive, PCIe Express 3.1 and NVMe 1.3 Compatible
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

Like I said, everything shows up fine in bios, and shows up fine when I load from SSD B, but SSD B will not show up when booting from SSD A

Dec 10, 2020
There can be 4 reasons for this issue. Please check these issues below & you can try to fix the issue accordingly:
  1. SSD is not initialized
  2. SSD drive letter is missing
  3. SSD file system is not supported by Windows
  4. SSD disk driver not installed properly.
Try to fix the above issues & most probably your drive will be recognized.
I have tried to do all of those and it won’t work. It is not discoverable at all when booting from SSD A, and won’t let me make any changes to it when booting from SSD B because it is drive being booted from

Dec 10, 2020
I have solved this issue. Will post the solution in case anyone else has a similar problem.

When booting from SSD A, I had to change the storage controller driver from AMD RAID to Standard NVMe. When booting from SSD B, this was the default and so I figured that was the problem. Sure enough, as soon as I switched drivers it appeared.

Solution