Question Some Exact Smake Keys Ranomly Stop Working

NawafDandachi

Commendable
Mar 29, 2019
Hello,

I have a rather odd issue with my laptop's keyboard that I've never encountered before. All of a sudden, regardless what I'm doing on my laptop at that moment, whether it would be browsing the internet or playing a game, some exact same keyboard keys stop working, it doesn't follow a trend, it would happen 10 times in a minute or once in an hour. I would need to press them a multiple times for them to work again, once one key starts functioning again, others do as well. On the other hand, once one stops responding, others follow suit too. Other keys in the keyboard are perfectly fine, it's just that those specific keys stop responding every now and them and they seem to be linked in some way or another. The keys are: M , G, H, D, S, C, and CAPS Lock.

-I have ran MBAM, Hitman, Comodo, Zemana, Norton on demand scanners with no clue
-i have tried uninstalling my keyboard drivers then installing them back
-I have turned filter and sticky keys off

Could you please help me solve this issue? Or just explain to me the possible causes? Like is it a battery issue, keyboard one? motherboard, keys. I just don't know. It's very odd.

Have you tried using a USB keyboard? When the USB keyboard is connected, does the problem show on both the laptop keyboard and the USB keyboard? If only your laptop shows the problem, I'm assuming the keyboard is broken. But it could be the connector on the motherboard or the motherboard itself causing these issues.

NawafDandachi

Commendable
Mar 29, 2019
Have you tried using a USB keyboard? When the USB keyboard is connected, does the problem show on both the laptop keyboard and the USB keyboard? If only your laptop shows the problem, I'm assuming the keyboard is broken. But it could be the connector on the motherboard or the motherboard itself causing these issues.

I'll try to check whether the problem persists on an external keyboard. However, it doesn't seem that there's anything that triggers the problem in particular, I'm currently using the keyboard and it's working splendidly, it may do for so for hours, or I may encounter the problem again within minutes. Like there's not a way for me to actually test the external keyboard unless I get to use it for a day or two.

Should my keyboard be faulty, what would you suggest is the cause? Is it the keyboard itself, the motherboard, or the connector? If that's the case, how is it that my keyboard is working normally now?

Is there a way that specific keys are somehow linked together? M D S H C CAPS? They seem to fail then get to work back together. It just occurs randomly.

There's no logical reason for your keyboard working fine sometimes, and badly at other times. It's also impossible to say if it's the keyboard itself, the connector or the motherboard. You'd have to narrow it down one by one. I'm almost sure it's the keyboard itself though, not the motherboard side. I can't say anything about keyboard internal wiring layouts. I have no clue how they're wired and I doubt it'll be helpful knowing.

Let's just see what comes out of trying an external keyboard and go from there.. :)