[SOLVED] Some games give 10-15 fps loss and some games give 10-15 fps extra after overclocking.

Aug 20, 2021
So i overclocked my rx 550 from 1183mhz to 1479mhz and vram clock from 1500mhz to 1750mhz but the thing is some games give extra fps after overclocking and some have fps loss.my temps are fine around 65-70 degree celcius.

Solution
Hey there,

Yes, this can happen. Not all games respond to an OC the same way. Although generally speaking it should be an increase for the most part.

The only time that it would really be a loss, is if the OC isn't stable, or as mentioned a particular game engine may not respond to the OC.

You have some aggressive OC on the core, not so much on the ram, but still high enough. Maybe try lower settings and see how the games respond, and try and hit a sweetspot.
Hey there,

Yes, this can happen. Not all games respond to an OC the same way. Although generally speaking it should be an increase for the most part.

The only time that it would really be a loss, is if the OC isn't stable, or as mentioned a particular game engine may not respond to the OC.

You have some aggressive OC on the core, not so much on the ram, but still high enough. Maybe try lower settings and see how the games respond, and try and hit a sweetspot.

Solution