Question Some games run perfectly and some get half what they should and feel quite laggy ?

mixatrixaxx

Reputable
Jul 15, 2018
Hey , so I built my gaming pc and here are the specs -
RTX 3070 TI
Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB DDR4 3200MHZ Ram
2TB SSD and 1TB SSD

Here is a benchmark too for more info on the pc https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/53432052

So the issue i have is so far only on two games ive tested but i could be on more i play just not as drastic to realize, so black ops 3 multiplayer and battlefield 4 multiplayer, looking online i should be getting on average of 200+ on maxed 1440p on both comparing videos with rtx 3070 gamplays but on both only get between 90-120, any help would be amazing!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
90-120 is about right for the 3700x, which isn't really all that bad. If you want higher fps minimums then 5 series is much better, gets through instruction cycles much faster which has an effect on fps margins because cpu handles pre rendered frames before the gpu gets them.

In comparison videos it is important to factor in the hardware used not just video card. Cpu and ram speed

mixatrixaxx

Reputable
Jul 15, 2018
90-120 is about right for the 3700x, which isn't really all that bad. If you want higher fps minimums then 5 series is much better, gets through instruction cycles much faster which has an effect on fps margins because cpu handles pre rendered frames before the gpu gets them.

In comparison videos it is important to factor in the hardware used not just video card. Cpu and ram speed

but most games run super well but online if you watch videos of ryzen 3rd gen with any gpu multiplayer for black ops 3 they all get 150+ even on lower end cards like rtx 2060, and what upgrade do you think then would be the best , cpu

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
See you're running an older bios,

BIOS Date20210320

would update it and hope it has some influence on how things work.

Do update the chipset drivers first, before updating the bios.
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops
don't forget to re-enable DOCP in the bios for optimal ram settings.

What cooler on the cpu? Seems to "only" turbo up to 3.9 which is highest base clock. It should be able to do 4.4ghz . Is PBO enabled in the bios?

Reactions: Unolocogringo

boju

Titan
Ambassador
but most games run super well but online if you watch videos of ryzen 3rd gen with any gpu multiplayer for black ops 3 they all get 150+ even on lower end cards like rtx 2060, and what upgrade do you think then would be the best , cpu

Check temps as suggested, if cooler is decent then enable pbo. I have seen ub incorrectly report boost speed before for Ryzen, that may be the case here or maybe not.

If temps are good and you can verify cpu speed again with monitoring software and if running pbo (cooling is important, wouldn't like to see high 80c/ low 90c) doesn't change much then upgrading to 5 series (ie 5600x / 5700x etc) is significant. People who have upgraded from 3 series to 5 are very happy.

mixatrixaxx

Reputable
Jul 15, 2018
Check temps as suggested, if cooler is decent then enable pbo. I have seen ub incorrectly report boost speed before for Ryzen, that may be the case here or maybe not.

If temps are good and you can verify cpu speed again with monitoring software and if running pbo (cooling is important, wouldn't like to see high 80c/ low 90c) doesn't change much then upgrading to 5 series (ie 5600x / 5700x etc) is significant. People who have upgraded from 3 series to 5 are very happy.
I just Updated my bios and now I can only boot into my bios everytime I try to book into OS just freezes no error just stuck on freeze , even tried reinstalling bios and putting windows onto usb to boot but it freezes after I select even that boot drive

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Tried a clear cmos as well? Bios update might have changed settings, maybe safe boot enabled/disabled or legacy boot->uefi. Maybe safety settings regarding W11.

Image of crash Crash
No image. Try Imgur,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.