Question Some games won’t work with the GPU drivers from AMD ?

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I sometimes play GameHouse games like Go Go Gourmet. When I don't install the GPU drivers from the AMD website, the game works fine with the basic driver, but when I install the GPU drivers from the AMD weebsitem the game doesn't work.

My specs;
Intel Core i7 11700f/12tb Seagate Hard Drive/Asus Gt 501 gaming case
Gigabyte z590 Aorus Master Gaming Motherboard
Corsair RM1000E Power Supply/Teamforce Delta DDR4 32GB 3000mhz
Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M2 Drive/ 10tb Seagate Barracuda SATA hard drives
20GB XFX Speedster MERC310 Radeon 7900 XT/ID-Cooling Zoomflow 240X Snow Edition CPU Cooler
LG 27" 4K White Monitor/ID Cooling Zoomflow 3 case Fans

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
We ask users to include their system's specs in their thread's body in spite of them having sig space specs, since specs in the latter can and will change over time and when that happens, it renders this thread and their suggestions moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in now. This is why I've shoehorned your sig space specs into your thread's body.

That being said, I noticed you have a 7900XT paired with a Corsair RM1000e PSU, how old is the PSU in your build? You might want to open up GPU-Z and see if anything shows up with 0(zero)'s. To also add, when you install drivers in an elevated command, do you see the GPU flagged with a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager?

Which driver version are you trying to install? To also add, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode prior to manually reinstalling the latest GPU driver sourced from AMD's support site?

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
the latest drivers from the amd website. I use display driver uninstaller everytime i upgrade the video drivers. i bought the power supply a couple of months back. I don't like gpu-z. I use msi afterburner. I don't know what else monitoring software to use while gaming to keep a eye on temperatures