Question Some keyboard keys not working and randomly start working again

Sep 16, 2020
Lately some of my keyboard keys stopped working, but sometimes they start working again for a few seconds and stop working again... The keys i´m having trouble with are the shift key, alt and tab, ctrl, and windows key

I should add that my control key, right now, is typing the letter A and my windows key is typing the letter E.

Can anyone please help? it´s really annoying ( now my shift key started working for some odd reason... failed again

thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs, OS information, make and model keyboard.

Have you tried updating the keyboard's drivers? If not, go to the manufacturer's website and manually download the applicable drivers. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Also have you tried another known working keyboard on your computer?

Or tried the problem keyboard on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the current host computer.

Sep 16, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs, OS information, make and model keyboard.

Have you tried updating the keyboard's drivers? If not, go to the manufacturer's website and manually download the applicable drivers. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Also have you tried another known working keyboard on your computer?

Or tried the problem keyboard on another known working computer?

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the current host computer.
Thanks for the reply, i tried in a diferent pc and the problem remained... I guess it´s the keyboard right?

btw the keyboard is an mkplus slayer TG8120

Ralston18

Titan
Quite possibly so. Try to confirm to be sure.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters on the current keyboard host.

Uninstall the TG8120 drivers and any other Logitech add-ons.

Determine if Windows' built in keyboard drivers fix the problem.

Then, if and as necessary, reinstall the keyboard drivers via Logitech. Skip any extra accessory utilities and tools. Just the basic keyboard drivers for now.

Reactions: MpMarcovichPt
Sep 16, 2020
Quite possibly so. Try to confirm to be sure.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters on the current keyboard host.

Uninstall the TG8120 drivers and any other Logitech add-ons.

Determine if Windows' built in keyboard drivers fix the problem.

Then, if and as necessary, reinstall the keyboard drivers via Logitech. Skip any extra accessory utilities and tools. Just the basic keyboard drivers for now.
thank´s again for the reply. I guess the problem with the shift key and the alt key was fixed ( at least for now) by pressing really hard on the key for a few seconds (go figure). The windows key still writes the letter "e" and opens file manager (i´m fine with that since i don´t use it).

Anyway takes for the attention @Ralston18 !

TRENDING THREADS