[SOLVED] Some of my memory is still not available after inserting a dedicated card

Mar 25, 2021
When I used to use integrated graphics on my AMD A-9600 I assumed that my memory only stated that 6GB of the 8 (2400MHz) inserted was available because I was using integrated graphics and the APU was using the RAM as its VRAM, however now that I’ve plugged in my GTX 660 it still shows up at 6GB available in my task manager. Is this normal or do I need to do something to start using my VRAM instead of RAM?

Solution
Look to see in the bios if there is a setting to disable the integrated graphics adapter.
Some motherboard bios's will automatically switch default bios output if it detects a discrete card installed.
It will not necessarily turn off the integrated adapter which could still be using resources.
Look to see in the bios if there is a setting to disable the integrated graphics adapter.
Some motherboard bios's will automatically switch default bios output if it detects a discrete card installed.
It will not necessarily turn off the integrated adapter which could still be using resources.

Reactions: RobotRunner55
Solution