Some Sims can't be resurrected?

Why are some dead Sims missing from the Grim Reaper's list?

--
Melanie

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

"Melanie Boxall" <melanie.boxall@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Why are some dead Sims missing from the Grim Reaper's list?

Generally speaking, you need a Sim's 3D data for it to work. If you delete
an urn/tombstone, it will delete that 3D data for some reason.

Also, I think it's just glitchy sometimes.

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:17:19 -0400, "Melanie Boxall"
<melanie.boxall@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Why are some dead Sims missing from the Grim Reaper's list?

I believe the most likely reason is you've soldl their grave or urn.

Also, you cannot ressurrect if you already have 8 ppl in a house, or
if your sims did not know them.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:17:19 -0400, "Melanie Boxall"
> <melanie.boxall@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >Why are some dead Sims missing from the Grim Reaper's list?
>

> I believe the most likely reason is you've soldl their grave or urn.
>
> Also, you cannot ressurrect if you already have 8 ppl in a house, or
> if your sims did not know them.
> --
GP, I posted about this problem some time ago. I have been able to resurrect
other sims, but the first one to die after installing University could not
be resurrected, even though he was the favorite sibling of the one who tried
to bring him back.

His gravestone is still in the front yard and he haunts the house pretty
regularly. His brother had the want to resurrect him for a long time, then
just gave up on it.

Kelly

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:36:06 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
<kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:

>GP, I posted about this problem some time ago. I have been able to resurrect
>other sims, but the first one to die after installing University could not
>be resurrected, even though he was the favorite sibling of the one who tried
>to bring him back.

Hmm... when you install Uni it says something about saved file format
being different. Maybe that's why?

>His gravestone is still in the front yard and he haunts the house pretty
>regularly. His brother had the want to resurrect him for a long time, then
>just gave up on it.

ah heck :-(

Have you tried looking after his charfile in SimPE?
--

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:36:06 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
> <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >GP, I posted about this problem some time ago. I have been able to
resurrect
> >other sims, but the first one to die after installing University could
not
> >be resurrected, even though he was the favorite sibling of the one who
tried
> >to bring him back.
>
> Hmm... when you install Uni it says something about saved file format
> being different. Maybe that's why?
>
> >His gravestone is still in the front yard and he haunts the house pretty
> >regularly. His brother had the want to resurrect him for a long time,
then
> >just gave up on it.
>
> ah heck :-(
>
> Have you tried looking after his charfile in SimPE?
> --

I don't have SimPE and am wary of using hacks, so I don't. I'm just trying
to decide if I want to keep the gravestone.

Kelly

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:21:24 -0700, "Kelly Cobb"
<kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't have SimPE and am wary of using hacks, so I don't. I'm just trying
>to decide if I want to keep the gravestone.

Doesnt seem to be doing much good. And SimPE isn't really a hack per
say... you can change his "dead" flag with it.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Keep it - with the new EP we're going to be able to have community
cemeteries and graveyards.

Best wishes
maxon

> Keep it - with the new EP we're going to be able to have community
> cemeteries and graveyards.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

We'll be able to move tombstones from home lots to community lots?

Kelly

> "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I don't have SimPE and am wary of using hacks, so I don't. I'm just
trying
> > to decide if I want to keep the gravestone.
> >
> > Kelly

Yus - fab eh?

> We'll be able to move tombstones from home lots to community lots?
>
> Kelly

Well the grave is still there, it was a family member, and there are 2 in
the house. So I'm baffled. I have Sim PE but frankly I don't know how to go
beyond recolors on it, I find it very user-unfriendly. Anyone guide this
doofus through removing a dead flag with it?

--
Melanie

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:17:19 -0400, "Melanie Boxall"
> <melanie.boxall@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>Why are some dead Sims missing from the Grim Reaper's list?
>

> I believe the most likely reason is you've soldl their grave or urn.
>
> Also, you cannot ressurrect if you already have 8 ppl in a house, or
> if your sims did not know them.
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

You may be right about the glitchy issue.

--

Maxon wrote:
> Yus - fab eh?
>
> "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>We'll be able to move tombstones from home lots to community lots?
>>
>>Kelly

I wonder if that means anybody can resurrect anybody now?

Jeanie

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:42:52 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I wonder if that means anybody can resurrect anybody now?

I've got nothing to base this one, but I believe the same rule
applies. You have to have known them in life... on the other hand,
that would be odd, wouldnt it? What if those people die... or lose
their relationships? If anyone can ressurect anyone it'll make a
helluva mess on the ressurectonomitron screen.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

TRENDING THREADS