[SOLVED] Something weird with my Windows 11 / Ryzen 5 5600X

AndreyRGW

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
Something weird with my Windows 11 / Ryzen 5 5600X

Hi all! Recently (about 2-3 weeks ago) the last 3 cores of processor stopped loading almost completely, no matter what load I was doing (in the screenshot - rendering video in premiere pro), in games the situation is similar. I have Windows 11 22H2 22631.900

The motherboard is Gigabyte B450M S2H, BIOS F64A
Processor - Ryzen 5 5600X, PBO enabled
Power scheme - high performance.

Interesting fact, but on ubuntu the core loading is correct, so something is probably in the system.

AndreyRGW

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
Hey there,

Have you tried the Ryzen Balanced power profile?

Yes, I have tried the Ryzen Balanced power profile as well as other power profiles like High Performance, Balanced, Power Saver, and even custom profiles like RCPP (Ryzen Custom Power Plan).

What are you using to monitor your system? Try HWInfo. It's the most reliable.

It is a bit odd that Ubuntu shows the cores working.

Try load up Cinebench R23, run the multi and see if the scores are where they are expected.

It might be worth considering re-installing Windows, while keeping your files. It could be an OS issue.

AndreyRGW

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021

Try load up Cinebench R23, run the multi and see if the scores are where they are expected.

It might be worth considering re-installing Windows, while keeping your files. It could be an OS issue.
I used regular task manager, but HWInfo shows the same core load. I will try now to update the bios to stable F64 version and clear CMOS

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

AndreyRGW

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021

I updated the bios, but the cores still won't load. Checked in Cinebench R15 and compared to December's results, the scores are down 458 points.