Question Sometimes i need to replugged my PSU cable or switch on/off for my PC to turn on.

Jul 22, 2024
Hi! As the title posted that sometimes i need to replugged my PSU cable and switch on/off the PSU for my PC to turn on it's been happening like a month now? Sometimes i would turn on normally when i push the power button and somtimes i need to this *Temporary Fix of mine* and when i do use it regardless when just browsing or playing heavy games it runs fine and before i turn my pc on i do know my motherboard receives power because my keyboard and mouse lights up and the motherboard RGB aswell. I do have a panther power strip which my PC connected to and just two of my monitors and the wifi connecting to the strip. So i'm at lost if i need to replace my PSU or Motherboard which is really expensive atleast from where i am. I'm really on my wits end trying to figure out whats wrong any help would be appreciated thank you so much.

Quick Specs:

Ryzen 7700X
ASUS B650E-E Strix
2X16 Corsair Vengeance 6000 CL30
1TB NVME
Corsair HX1000 Platinum
Aorus 6800XT

Jul 22, 2024
Thank you for reply man i did clean my pc yesterday and make sure no wires are shorting to rule out that possibility but haven't done without the power strip due to space of the house.

Let's say it's still the same even though i plug it without the power strip could be the PSU the culprit even thought my mobo/peripherals receives power? It's almost more than a year i think and i know HX1000 platinum is a very good power supply could be that it?

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Thank you for reply man i did clean my pc yesterday and make sure no wires are shorting to rule out that possibility but haven't done without the power strip due to space of the house.

Let's say it's still the same even though i plug it without the power strip could be the PSU the culprit even thought my mobo/peripherals receives power? It's almost more than a year i think and i know HX1000 platinum is a very good power supply could be that it?
It could still be the PSU. Try to borrow or steal one just for troubleshooting purposes. That's the only way you can be confident about the supply.

Jul 22, 2024
Interesting. Even though it powers my keyboard, mouse, and my motherboard RGB? Even tested it with a power supply tester and the voltages are okay i mean it's just a year old to me but i wouldn't be suprise if it happens parts do tend to brake sometimes unexpectedly.

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Interesting. Even though it powers my keyboard, mouse, and my motherboard RGB? Even tested it with a power supply tester and the voltages are okay i mean it's just a year old to me but i wouldn't be suprise if it happens parts do tend to brake sometimes unexpectedly.
Even a power supply tester or digital voltmeter might not detect the problem. Using it in your system is the true test of integrity.

Ralston18

Titan
Remember if swapping PSUs use only the cables that come with the test PSU.

= = = =

If you have a multimeter and know how to use if (or know someone who does) you can do some additional testing to doublecheck the PSU voltages.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not underload. However, any voltages out of spec make the PSU even more suspect.