Sony DSC-P41 and Windows XP

Hello. I am considering the Sony DSC-P41 4.1-Megapixel Digital
Camera.
Current price at Circuit City is about $162.

I was reading the manual for this device online, and from what I can
tell, if you're using Windows XP, you don't need to install anything. XP
already has the driver built in, and the Microsoft Scanner & Camera Wizard
can transfer the pictures from the camera to your computer's hard drive. So
there is no need to install Sony's Picture Package program. Am I right
about all this?

Yep... What you've read is right!

Seymore...
www.SonyCams.com
Owner of an F717... and luvin' it!
remove "REMOVE" to reply directly

"History Fan" <IHateSPAM@IreallyHATEspam.COM> wrote in message
> Hello. I am considering the Sony DSC-P41 4.1-Megapixel Digital
> Camera.
> Current price at Circuit City is about $162.
>
> I was reading the manual for this device online, and from what I can
> tell, if you're using Windows XP, you don't need to install anything. XP
> already has the driver built in, and the Microsoft Scanner & Camera Wizard
> can transfer the pictures from the camera to your computer's hard drive.
So
> there is no need to install Sony's Picture Package program. Am I right
> about all this?

I bought this camera 3 days ago. So far, it works fairly well. I had
some trouble getting the Microsoft Scanner & Camera wizard to work at first.
However, I changed the camera's USB settings to PicBridge and now it
launches when the camera is plugged in.

I didn't like Sony's Picture Package program included on the CD-ROM,
so I uninstalled it and rely exclusively on XP's Scanner & Camera wizard.

Removing the USB cord from the camera is somewhat of a nuisance. You
have to pull fairly hard, yet be careful at the same time. The included
alkaline batteries started to wear out after 2 hours of use, so I went and
bought rechargables and a charger kit. That cost me about $55. I also
bought a camera case for $8.

I'm using the included 16MB memory stick, and have the still image
setting at VGA (email). Picture quality at that level is pretty good, but
nothing to get excited about. If the lighting is good, the picture comes
out good.

Eventually I'll have to purchase a larger memory stick.

Join us @ www.SonyCams.com when you get a chance...