Sony DV is not recognised since XP SP2 installation

Hi,

I used to wok on my Sony DV with IEEE 1394 on DELL-2400 XP SP1. It was
working perfectly well until I installed XP SP2. When I connect my DV CAM to
the IEEE1394 controller (Texas Instruments OHCI complaint IEEE 1394) XP pings
and the Sony DV Camera is shown in the Device manager under Imaging Devices
for few seconds before it disappears again. I got no other device connected
to IEEE 1394 except the camera and Windows Firewall is disabled.

I got another dell-2400 with still XP SP1 in it works fine with the same
card cable and camera.

Any idea why this happens in XP SP2?

-TIA
AK

See another posting. Many users are having the same problem with their
Ieee1394 Card and Sony Video Cameras, Since they Installed SP2. NO one yet
has found the resolution yet.

ENTRPZ

"A Kumar" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used to wok on my Sony DV with IEEE 1394 on DELL-2400 XP SP1. It was
> working perfectly well until I installed XP SP2. When I connect my DV CAM to
> the IEEE1394 controller (Texas Instruments OHCI complaint IEEE 1394) XP pings
> and the Sony DV Camera is shown in the Device manager under Imaging Devices
> for few seconds before it disappears again. I got no other device connected
> to IEEE 1394 except the camera and Windows Firewall is disabled.
>
> I got another dell-2400 with still XP SP1 in it works fine with the same
> card cable and camera.
>
> Any idea why this happens in XP SP2?
>
> -TIA
> AK

I have the same Firewire card as you, and my Sony PC8E used to work fine with
it. Since installing SP2, it's no longer recognised - not even briefly.

I have another machine, also WITH SP2, but with Firewire via the Audigy
sound card. On this machine, the same camera and same cable work fine.

So, it seems it must be a problem with the driver for the card. Does anybody
have a version of the driver other than the one bundled with XP?

Mauricio

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

I have a Sony Vaio as well. Same issue IEEE 1394 works perfect before SP2
upgrade on fresh new XP install.

I spent hours with Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft support reps are just
reading a book, and don’t have a clue what IEEE 1394 is!!

My solution: downgraded to Win 2000 Pro and everything running better than
ever, without the buggy XP look.