Sony Releases Instructional Video On Sharing Used Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcichico

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I wish we lived in a world where Sony could make this funny ass video and not have to put fine print on the bottom cuz some douche bag is going to hold them to this till the end of time.

pcichico

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I wish we lived in a world where Sony could make this funny ass video and not have to put fine print on the bottom cuz some douche bag is going to hold them to this till the end of time.

brettms71

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
And what happens when e.g. EA release a game for PS4 and EA ties it into your details and requires online connection every time you play it. Nothing Sony can do about that. So much for swapping games with your mates at that point. I'm a PC gamer, so used to not being able to trade games (Steam). I like what Sony is doing, just hope they can stick with it and override the publishing companies. Otherwise at that point MS wins, because at least they have a strategy to trade games, as much as that strategy sucks.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
There are two things I hope Microsoft takes to heart after all the dust has settled. Stop treating your customers like walking, talking wallets that do nothing other than spew money, and actually LISTEN to your customer's feedback. FFS, as if they didnt learn this the hard way with Windows 8 (not listening to feedback, hoping to lock us all in via the store to extract even more money), they go and make similar boneheaded moves with the new Xbox. Christ, at this point its like they just want to piss all over their customers/fans with their controlling, greedy bullshit.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
MS just like the good (bad) old MS... always need to be embarrassed by the competition in order to make things right.

Remember how Apple embarrassed MS using "Mac guy vs. PC guy" ads campaign to remind Windows Vista failure. Now is the Sony's turn....

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Working on public fears to gain lost foothold to future customers... This is a basic marketing 101 tactic. Sony needs more than this in order to lure customers back. However, only time will tell if this policy will be able to stick. Sony likes to give people only half of their intentions and quickly change when odds are in their favor.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Since I am mostly a PC gamer, sharing games is out of my thought process for the most part. But the idea that the game I paid full price for, generally $60, is actually a license to play such game and I do not own it is absolutely absurd to me. Ford did not sell me a license to own a car. They sold me an actual, physical car. Which I own and can do with what I want. If MS wants to sell me a license for a game, fine. But you can't charge full price and expect people not to try to recoup some of the costs even if it means getting ripped off by Game Stop on a trade in. It's only going to lead to fewer game sales.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
@frank the tank : First of all, it's not always online, it's online once a day. 2nd, there's no used game fee. Good try, though. Maybe MS should make a video on how to play a game without needing the disc.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009

So what happens if I am over seas with my XBOX ONE while I am sailing (I'm in the Navy) And it can't connect online. Can I still play my games or am I screwed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS