[SOLVED] Sony STR-DE475 surround problems

edikecske

Prominent
Dec 14, 2021
Hello, I bought recently a Sony STR-DE475 amplifier with a set of speakers and subwoofer. I connected the amplifier to my PC via 3 jack - RCA cables on multi channel. In Realtek Audio Console if I test each of the speakers they works fine, but if I play some music, the surround speakers are not working, only the front ones with the sw.
What causes this issue? The rear speakers are connected to the blue jack connector on my PC. If I change the input type in the software from 'surround' to 'front' on that output, the surround speakers are working but the front ones are not.
Hope you guys can help me, this is my first 'better' audio set and I am getting out of ideas.

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
Hello, I bought recently a Sony STR-DE475 amplifier with a set of speakers and subwoofer. I connected the amplifier to my PC via 3 jack - RCA cables on multi channel. In Realtek Audio Console if I test each of the speakers they works fine, but if I play some music, the surround speakers are not working, only the front ones with the sw.
What causes this issue? The rear speakers are connected to the blue jack connector on my PC. If I change the input type in the software from 'surround' to 'front' on that output, the surround speakers are working but the front ones are not.
Hope you guys can help me, this is my first 'better' audio set and I am getting out of ideas.

Music is usually only a stereo signal...

kanewolf

Titan

Music is usually only a stereo signal. You would have to have something that fakes the surround channel. Old style Dolby surround processing did that. Since you are using multi-wire input to the Sony, you would have to do that processing in software on your PC. Fake surround sound is not "better".

Solution

edikecske

Prominent
Dec 14, 2021
Music is usually only a stereo signal. You would have to have something that fakes the surround channel. Old style Dolby surround processing did that. Since you are using multi-wire input to the Sony, you would have to do that processing in software on your PC. Fake surround sound is not "better".

Thank you for the answer, now it is working as it should. :D

The solution was that I had to select 'front speakers' on each 3 outputs instead of 'front', 'surround' and 'center & subwoofer'.