Sorry, No Diablo 3 Cross-Play for PC and PlayStation 3 or 4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Of course there wont be any cross over features from the console and cross play. That would involve Activision Blizzard to invest even more cash into development that won't net them anymore profit. Expect this game to be a bad port that will work just well enough and have horrid patch support just so they can squeeze out as much money as possible while putting in the lest amount of investment.

everlast66

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
The biggest problem of Diablo III is that it lacks the atmosphere and soul of the original series. Diablo I and II were made by people that loved what they were doing and were inspired by the idea. The part of Blizzard that developed the previous two games (Blizzard North) no longer exists as well as the people have long left the company. Diablo III was developed to milk a bit more cash from the public, bu uninspired people working for the paycheck, judging by the result using a modified version of the WoW engine and probably artists as well. The original game had such an atmosphere that you wanted to play it again and again. Although you still had to replay the contents three times.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Blizzard is just not Blizzard North any more. Blizzard North was by gamers for gamers. Activision is just about money. Kudos to the Blizzard North guys for making a good sale, but they were the heart of the company. This is what big game corporations that buy up smaller studios too often do not understand. A franchise's longevity is as important as making a quick buck. Especially if the making of said quick buck destroys a franchise. I mean I don't see myself buying another Diablo or Dungeon siege game ever. In fact the whole thing has put me off RPGs for the most part. I just do not have faith that we'll ever see another RPG that build's on previous version's strengths again.

And BTW. Micro transactions are becoming so last season very quickly. For me at least. It's starting to make games feel like scams. There comes a point when you realise that a few pixels are just not worth it.

Bli$$ard is no longer considered in my purchase options since sc2 was for me a dissapointment after old classics like broodwar or diablo 1-2.

Simply put, Blizzard is no longer making quality games. (Best way to notice this is by how much they need to advertise their games to sell them).

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
This was obvious that they weren't going to stifle PS3 and PS4 game sales by placing them on the bot and exploit failed PC servers that have been out for over a year.

It's all about the bottom line and they knew that wouldn't sit well with potential console users as for the auction house I wouldn't doubt they sneak some form of pay to win micro transaction into the game to make a extra profit.

The same part is the console port will probably be more enjoyable since the game is in a more finished product launch state toppled with the exploits have been ironed out in general game balance is a bit better across the board and the bot ruined economy probably won't occur on the console version because there is no easy way to bot on it like you can on the PC.

This seems true. I replayed 1 and 2 as every character type. On 3, I got through the first few missions and lost interest altogether. It just doesn't seem to have that special sauce it once did. On the other hand, as technology has progressed, my tastes have changed as well. I can't really tell if it's me or the game.

All I know is it seems pretty boring to me now.

You can objectivly say that diablo 3 is a worse game than the previous 2 games.
Most players grow up with 1-2 beloved game and they stick to it when when are unhappy with newer titles.
This usualy happens becouse subconciensly your mind remmmebers how happy (as a child) you were when you used to play that game, and that bring nice memories.
However, thats not always the case.
I have some games that i have a special place in my heart for, but i still play newer games and enjoy them inmensly.

But Diablo 3 ahs almost no replayability factor at all.
The auction house is a flat out money drainer. Everyone who has played diablo 2 long enought, knows that players created a microeconomy in that game where everything was possible to obtain with the right amount of effort.

I remmber the first time whn i saw a diablo 3 beta stream (the one that only went till King Leoric).
My first impresion was: This is a Cartoon. Sure the hits from the Barbarian looked powerfull.... But no way that felt like a game where you are fighting EVIL.

Basicly, it reminded me of the game Revenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.