Sort using Windows Explorer

Is there a way to sort the files in a folder when using Microsoft Windows
Explorer?

In news:uCh4buTsEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
W. Guy Delaney <guyd@verizon.net> typed:

> Is there a way to sort the files in a folder when using
> Microsoft
> Windows Explorer?

There's more than one way, but perhaps the easiest is to click on
the header of the column you want to sort on. Click it a second
time to reverse the sort from ascending to descending, or vice
versa.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi

How do you want to sort the files - by Name, Date etc.? Which View do you
want to see the files in - List, Details etc.?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"W. Guy Delaney" <guyd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to sort the files in a folder when using Microsoft Windows
> Explorer?

I would like to sort by file extention.

> Hi
>
> How do you want to sort the files - by Name, Date etc.? Which View do you
> want to see the files in - List, Details etc.?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "W. Guy Delaney" <guyd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to sort the files in a folder when using Microsoft Windows
>> Explorer?

Hi

Try using the 'Type' column. If it isn't visible, right click at the top of
the columns and then select 'Type'.

--

>I would like to sort by file extention.

>> Hi
>>
>> How do you want to sort the files - by Name, Date etc.? Which View do
>> you want to see the files in - List, Details etc.?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "W. Guy Delaney" <guyd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to sort the files in a folder when using Microsoft
>>> Windows Explorer?

So type
sort files
in help