[SOLVED] SOS, can't install graphics card drivers for my new GPU

Jan 3, 2020
So the problem is, that in the device manager under display adapters, it shows that my GTX 970 - (Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).)

And I have yet to find a solution, every time i try to install 456.55 driver (I've tried a couple drivers), around 70 % of driver's installation, the screen goes black and stays that way, no restarting whatsoever.
I have also uninstalled old GPU drivers(I had GTX 650ti)

I have tried booting pc in safe mode, then uninstalling GPU drivers with DDU, and then installing 456.55(The driver installed). But after booting in normal mode, nothing has changed- error code 43 still exists.
I also use VGA cable, as I only have it, if that makes any difference

My pc specs:
Motherboard: GA-78LMT-S2 R2 Gigabyte
CPU: FX-4100
RAM: 16GB
PSU: Xilence 600W
GPU: well... GTX 970 (from ebay)

HELP

Solution
Have you tried uninstalling the driver and then booting up the system and attempting installation? You can also try installing even older drivers to see if it even works or not.

If you just got the GPU from ebay and it's been acting this way from the get-go, you might've bought a faulty card.

Zer0123

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Have you tried uninstalling the driver and then booting up the system and attempting installation? You can also try installing even older drivers to see if it even works or not.

If you just got the GPU from ebay and it's been acting this way from the get-go, you might've bought a faulty card.

Solution