Question Sound doesn't work after installing a new GPU ?

TheBadGuy

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
Hello! so today i installed a new 7900 XT GPU and i noticed it that the sound wasnt working. i thought i only had to switch from hdmi to my headset but my devices including the mic says that is unplugged which is weird because it is connected and the cable of the motherboard is well connected too.

I used DDU to try an older driver version of the gpu and with the audio, also bios is restored everything by default and idk what to do anymore cause i tried everything. Please i need help with this issue!

TheBadGuy

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
take a screenshot of both,
upload to IMGUR.com and link here
Ok, Sound only shows my hdmi screen as an output and the only one that works and there's another one with my headphones but doesnt recognize it and says that is not connected (same with the mic)

Device Manager on Sound Shows Amd audio and realtek audio, nothing seems bad

boju

Titan
Ambassador
So you're getting sound through the monitor?

Change playback device to Realtek as default. Windows can't play multiple sources simultaneously, so if Amd audio is set to default that'll disable onboard including front panel audio as they belong to Realtek.

Reactions: dudio

TheBadGuy

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
So you're getting sound through the monitor?

Change playback device to Realtek as default. Windows can't play multiple sources simultaneously, so if Amd audio is set to default that'll disable onboard.
i changed it already and disabled the amd sound (monitor) but the headphone output is still saying that is not connected but it is

TheBadGuy

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
Did it come off the motherboard though and put it back, or was it still connected? If you did put it back or reseat it check you didn't miss a row of pins with the header.

What about the rear audio jacks, do they work?
i didnt unplugged but i will , none of the jacks are working

it doesnt work
what do you mean by, "didn't work"?

you can't type the command in correctly,
the file scan didn't successfully complete,
the Command Prompt wouldn't run the command,..?
i just formatted windows and it doesnt work
and what do you mean by, "formatted Windows"?

you downloaded a new Windows Media Creation Tool and created a new USB install package.
and then chose to format the disk during the fresh installation procedure?

Reactions: boju

TheBadGuy

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
what do you mean by, "didn't work"?

you can't type the command in correctly,
the file scan didn't successfully complete,
the Command Prompt wouldn't run the command,..?

and what do you mean by, "formatted Windows"?

you downloaded a new Windows Media Creation Tool and created a new USB install package.
and then chose to format the disk during the fresh installation procedure?
the cmd command worked sorry, but didnt fixed antything

Yes, i did a fresh install of windows and everything is the same