dragonfly22588

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Hey,

So for awhile now every time I plug my headset into the I/O in the back, I frequently get pop messages saying that my headset has been disconnected and then reconnected. It will happen at random times and sometimes it won't happen for days on end and then sometimes it won't stop until I unplug it, could this be a mobo problem? If so, anything I can do to fix it?

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
dragonfly22588 had same problem at one time but mine was the jacks on the case when I swapped it to the mother board jack it fixed it,if your case has those jacks on it may try that.as far as the mother board jacks go it could be the problem ever they have a cold solder joint on the motherboard or the jacks them self have gone bad.also they make usb converter to plug your jacks into.hope this helps you out.

also for better help from people not a bad idea to give the specs of the pc,shore helps a lot example what kind of case ,motherboard model and brand etc.

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
dragonfly22588 may try a sound card if you have not already tried one.I beleave you have already tried case, and onboard sound jacks.if you don't have one see if you could borrow from a friend.