Sound not working, external sound card not working

jeremy1635

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 and the sound went out. When I open up the volume mixer, it says "no audio device installed". The sound controller appears in the device manager, but attempting to update the driver or uninstalling and reinstalling it did not work.

After looking online and trying a few things, it seemed likely that it was a hardware issue so I bought an external usb sound card (Sewell USB Sound Box). I was able to install it, and its control panel shows up, but I'm still not getting any sound. it shows up in the device manager, and it says that the driver is up to date, but when I open the volume mixer I am still getting the "no audio device installed" message.

Any help or advice would be appreciated
Thanks

jeremy1635

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

It shows two things: "Speakers USB Multi-Channel Audio Device" and "Digital Output USB Multi-Channel audio Device" the Speakers one has the green circle with a check mark on it. if I select the Digital Output one, "Set Default" is not clickable.

prabhakar_4

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
This will start an automatic Windows search to find driver updates and download them. After the update is finished, restart and see if your audio now works. ... If updating it doesn't work, then open your Device Manager, find your sound card again, and right-click on the icon. Select Uninstall and install drivers properly otherwise see this link sound related help and steps guide . i hope this will help to fix this problem

prabhakar_4

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
1- Sound device disabled/disconnected?
. Right-click the speaker icon on your taskbar
. Select “Playback Devices”
. In the white empty space right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
. Do you see icons for your speakers and headphones now?
. If you now see it you may need to right click on the correct sound device and select “Set as default device”
2- Try to restart services.
start program>run
type “services.msc”
look for Windows Audio and double click on it.
StartUp type should be Automatic
Startup Status should appear Started and if not, press start button
click on apply and ok. restart your laptop.

and you also try to this site when your problem are not solved https://goo.gl/c7kcZM]
I hope this post is helpful for you. Thanks.