Sound prob with 3870x2

rosecityotters

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
after installing drivers, had to go into sound settings and change the main sound output back to onboard, but for some reason when I game there's no sound except steam...itunes, wmp, winamp, web pages all play sounds fine...just nothing in game (crysis demo, wic, aoe3) none have sound! any clues?

debs67

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
Hi!
I had a similar problem, I could test my 5.1 speakers with no problem, but I could not hear any sound during games etc.
The problem was that XP had set the Audio to HD audio rear sound in Sound and Audio devices in the control panel. I changed it back to my Creative sound card and all was well!
Hope this helped?
Debs

jk3hybrid

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Hey thanks debs67. I had the same issue.

I have realtek HD audio and after installing my 3870x2 I had to go in the control panel to sound options and change it back from HD rear Audio to Realtek HD audio (onboard).

Thought I would post so people in the same situation can google this as well, since that's how i found your post.

honor

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2005
Im runing Vista... if thats what you have alls i had 2 do was go into my bios and set it correctly... for some reasson it auto changed it 2 come through the video card