sound processing

umala

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2003
Hi!

I have friend, who is doing sound processing work. Do you know if Intel CPU has any advantages compared to AMD apart from Mhz issues. There seems to be distortion in sound but I am not sure if it is because AMD does not have some instruction command in their CPU that Intel has.

Regards.

"Do you know if Intel CPU has any advantages compared to AMD apart from Mhz issues."
- AMD CPU's are just as <b>fast</b> :wink: / faster than Intel chips

"ere seems to be distortion in sound but I am not sure if it is because AMD does not have some instruction command in their CPU that Intel has."

-That's to do with the sound card / your friends speakers, NOT the CPU

Whos round is it? Down that beer quick, smash my glass down, fall over the table - all rowdy and pissed<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ned_Flanders on 10/06/04 11:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
AMD CPU's are just as fat
You really shouldn't say things like that. They may well be sensitive about their weight. :wink:

<b>umala:</b>
The end result on either platform will be the same, one might be slightly faster at a particular task than the other, but if something takes 274 seconds instead of 260, will you <i>really</i> notice?

But anyway, there won't be any difference in quality between the two processors. something else in the system might be causing problems (soundcard? Some sort of conflict between another card and something maybe?), but it won't be down to which CPU you're using.

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL/1x512Mb Corsair XMS PC4000 2.5-3-3-7
Sapphire 9800Pro (VGA Silencer Rev3) @418/742