sound shuttering and laggness when copying large amount of data thought LAN , WLAN or localy

MigLeader

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
greetings friends i was having this problem from a long ago when i have an AMD based system (Desktop + Laptop) but i thought it was because of AMD , now i got a new gaming laptop but i am so surprised that i still have this problem:

My old system spec ( Desktop ):
AMD athlon II x4 635 2900ghz
8gb DDR3 Ram
AMD 6850 1gb (Gigabyte)
MSI 780E51
PSU GigaByte 550W
1 WD green 640gb (System + games)
1 Seagate 1TB (Data)
1 Seagate 2TB (Data)

My new System Spec ( Laptop ):
MSI FangBook
Intel i7 4700mq 2400ghz
16gb DDR3
nvidia GTX 780M 4GB vram
samsung SSD 840 250GB (System)
1 Seagate 1TB 5400RPM (Data + Games)

the Problem:
1-When copying large amount of date ( small files , or huge 1 file ) , and i try to watch some YouTube videos , both the video and sound shutters (this is on Intel system , on AMD sometimes the computer hangs for some secs) , it returns to normal after it finishes (Note: i used the default windows copier and i used teracopy + super-copier , same result)

2-When using 3DS max (http://www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/overview) its a heavy design program , when i render same thing happens ( that also include music played using Media player classic )

3-i backed up all of my drivers (both AMD and Intel Systems) and tried updating the drivers to the latest i can find in the web , still the same result.

From to where the date copied:
1:-Laptop ------> Desktop
a- Lan + Wlan

2:-Desktop -----> Laptop
a- Lan + Wlan

3:protable HDD --------> Laptop
a- USB 3.0 , USB 2.0
b- SSD , HDD

4: Protable HDD --------> Laptop ---------> Desktop ( the worst result )
a- Lan , Wlan

Health of Systems:
Both Laptop and desktop have this problem on a fresh windows install + heavily used systems ( Including virus or clean systems).

Anti Virus Software:
1:- Microsoft Security Essentials (Tried Both on + off)
2:- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Tried Both on + off)
3:- SmadAV (Tried Both on + off)

each week i do full system scan with all of them ( 1 by 1 , not together) sometimes i have some Malware and sometimes its clean , but both systems preform really fine in design and gaming
(Heavy design and heavy gaming)

My Experaince with computers:
i wont say i am a pro , but i can format , assemble + disassemble Laptop + desktop , edit the registry , overclock , optimize the OS. ( but all is a basic knowledge , nothing so deep )

i even tried changing the CPU core affinity by giving super-copier 1 core , and the other way , giving chroma only 1 CPU core , same result.

i hope i have explained the problem properly , if not please forgive me because English is not my main language , and really sorry for the annoying long post and i hope its organized properly.

thanks for anyone who looks into this problem.

Solution
ok u need to check somethings to better get the problem first mention your LAN and WLAN connectivity speeds, open task manager see the processor usage while copying on both systems and mention it here also mention the performance of LAN and WLAN of both systems at same place (task manager) while copying reply with these informations.

silentplanner

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2013
ok u need to check somethings to better get the problem first mention your LAN and WLAN connectivity speeds, open task manager see the processor usage while copying on both systems and mention it here also mention the performance of LAN and WLAN of both systems at same place (task manager) while copying reply with these informations.

Solution